RPP 2
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

Unreal.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Very nice work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!!

Slowly working on the suspension but not happy with the results, the spring look too soft. I'm afraid I'll have to do all the the suspension arms to see how they cope with the weight

This weekend had to work hard on my future house and feel like i was hit by a train...to relax,added 2 new things:

First, the cutoff swich

And then, the handles(?) to help enter the cab

Some creative liberty to make them work with the door handles

Also...painted the last 5 road wheels

Awesome!!

It is coming together really good. Just one thing: for me it looks as if the first road wheel was too far from the sproket. Is this possible? I can't wait to see your suspension system. It is the key to obtain a realistic movement of the m548

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman88 View Post
    Awesome!!

It is coming together really good. Just one thing: for me it looks as if the first road wheel was too far from the sproket. Is this possible? I can't wait to see your suspension system. It is the key to obtain a realistic movement of the m548

Nice work!

Thanks!

Good eye! Yes, it's too far from the sprocket. Was only to take the photo. Not even bolted. You're right about the suspension system. I want mine to lean on acceleration and braking. Yesterday i saw some nice springs to make something completely different than the original idea and closer to the real thing..

Hi!

While i wait for my m548 to return I'm doing other stuff. One of those are taking care of the tracks. Stock, look too clean and being all black,don't seem scale. So i tried to weather them to look metallic and worn

this is the first one, used a rust red, and 2 different grays

because the red was too "red" for rust, on the second track applied a bit of dark brown and seems better

Stock and weathered:

Great job man, you're on the home stretch now!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Great job man, you're on the home stretch now!
    I

Thanks! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Do you guys know when we hit a bump in the project and affects the motivation?

I was struggling with the suspension, discarded the 1st idea, the 2nd with torsion springs looked good but because i couldn't get cheap springs, decided to went "full builder" on this and try to copy the system on the 1:1:torsion bars.

This is the first prototype :

I think it could work on the truck. It's fairly simple and adjust both stiffness and ride height

I think the tracks look much better after painting them

The system that you use for the suspension seems pretty good. You can adjust the strenght with the cable tension, don't you?

I'll use another system. Is not like the real one, but I think I've found some springs that could work really good on the m548. They are very cheap and can be bought in my local store so I'll give them a chance

Quote Originally Posted by iceman88 View Post
    I think the tracks look much better after painting them

The system that you use for the suspension seems pretty good. You can adjust the strenght with the cable tension, don't you?

I'll use another system. Is not like the real one, but I think I've found some springs that could work really good on the m548. They are very cheap and can be bought in my local store so I'll give them a chance
    Thanks, i also like the painted tracks even knowing that could be better( I'm a noob at this but pratice makes perfect)

About my system, yes, the tension can be tuned. First, by the wire diameter. It's spring steel, started with 2mm and now changed to 1.5mm. Then,moving the piece that connects the spring to the axle, changes the stiffness. Another advantage it's that the ride height is set and locked with a screw. In the ride height, the positive and negative travel it's the same

Your system looks good, works and it's far ahead from mine :)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213