sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Nice touch on the window rubber... Sometimes just making a little progress keeps you from loosing steam.
    Yes,totally right. I like to work with no deadline. Allows to think twice on every solution

Quote Originally Posted by iceman88 View Post
    You almost have it! Great details.

I' m sure this will be an awesome project.
    Thanks, there's a couple important things to do. My priority it's seeing it running and I'm closer to that. Figured how to do the suspension for the first pair of wheels.

But for now, not a great update but well...Did a quick mockup with it sitting at the correct height and the tracks:

And this 2 videos of the suspension working on the new springs. Think that's the ones!!

Bonus pic,next to a 2dr JK:

Yeaah!! It looks awesome I think you finally got the right springs. I' m not sure if I found them. We will see

Post some images when you have set up the electronics. I'm not sure If I have it clear

Keep on keep on!! I want to see it running!!

Hi!

Things moving slowly but steady. I'm working on the last road wheels. These ones have a different suspension setup than the other ones. Settled on a simple design. A pivot bolted to the chassis where the arm rotates(ball bearings) and a shock. The 1:1 also has a shock on the first arm, assisting the torsion bar, so this it's not unrealistic

Mock-up:

Not happy with this shock so I've made my one:

It's an axial one, gone from 93mm to 62mm,53mm compressed and 71mm extended. Shorter shaft and a "cap" hidding it to look more scale. On the next post, I'll show them mounted and a video of it working

The shock scale seems perfect. I wonder if it is functional or is just an adorn. Anyway, it looks great

The shock mounted on the first photo, it's not the same of the 2nd.

The definitive shock, working. Not much travel but fully functional with 2 springs and oil

Who wants to see one side mounted and working?

Meeee!!!!!

Long story short: Needed some shop time to do the parts for the tension wheels, only had time to do one for this weekend. Atleast, my objective of try the tension wheel system was acomplished. First, some pics:

Now, the truck dealing with an obstacle:

I think i shouldn't do this with 1 track only but the anxiety was huge! The reason I went reverse only was that the track slips when going forward. Think i need the shorten the track and put more tension on the tension wheel system. All easy things to do so I'm very very happy with this outcome!!!

Love it!!

I have questions. Which batteries are you going to use? (how many mAh) I'm affraid this vehicles need much more energy than an rc car of the same scale. The other question is how do you adjust the track tension? I have an spring at the last wheel which can be modified but I still have some problems when the M548 goes backwards.

Great work! It looks awesome even with just one track!

Thank you!

My first idea was using 1 battery for each esc but because i don't have 2 matching batteries, I went for a Y harness that allows 1 battery to 2 ESC. I'll use a 6000mah 2s bat 100c.that should be enough. The 55t don't draw much. I don't plan to do long trail runs. Something will break first :)

About the tension system, mine it's fairly simple and was the only thing i did not resembling the 1:1,because it was hard to replicate.

It consists on a "lever", similar to the suspension arms, rotating on a pivot and with a shock pushing outward.

Putting different springs inside of the shock, adjusts the tension

Here's a video :

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast