sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Plastic Dip your RC

Default Plastic Dip your RC

Koi Orange so I can't lose it !? Lol

This build is 1/6 scale measuring near 4' in total length incl. trailer.

Simple rattle can application, applied to both nylon (TJ) body and ABS (trailer)
    Fairly durable on a scale rc... easily peeled off when wanting to remove.

If ya spend most your time on yer lid, or generally just want to thrash on it...
    It's probably gonna require a whole lot of do overs.
    Blending old to new doesn't work very well, so a peel and repaint is likely the order.

For what fails to peel off initially, use some charcoal fluid and a clean rag to wipe the residual off.
    Then clean/prep the surface using rubbing alcohol, dry and choose another PD color for re-application.

I use this PD rattle can application on my 1:1's too. Door pillars, wheels most anything ya want to do.

Great stuff, easy application. JMO

Great looking setup.

...Thanks

It actually crawls even better then it looks, but it's not small @ 4' long.
    And there's more to it then just the trailer.
    ie: a functioning 1/6 scale RC quad sits atop the trailer to boot.

Here's a short video clip of the quad and TJ in action...

https://youtu.be/KYhCgrKFKDg

I use Plastidip for my fender liners and a few other items. When I've used it on bodies, it doesn't last long, but that's kind of the point. It's easy to peal off and change/re-apply. Gives a nice texture and requires very little prep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. I’ve used it to create “rock armor” side panels etc. I like to back my lexan bodies with it too. Prevent light from coming in any areas that may have minimum paint coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its funny to me how this forum and "the other forum" are almost polar opposite.
    somebody started a thread about plastidip on rc bodies and the majority wanted to burn plastidippers at the steak.

i think its great and I'm glad to see it seems that's the majority here. i have my yeti plastidipped and it spends a lot of time on its lid. its chewed up but i can peel it and re-spray at any time, and it doesn't look like every other RTR Rock Racer out there.

here it is taking a break from donuts on the beach of Coronado, CA.
    (put "shred the beach with a yeti" on your bucket list, thank me later)

and there are so many great colors now! you can even get this stuff at autozone!

BadWagon Good point about fender liners I must do this now.... or tomorrow.. yes not now but soon!