sbg  

RPP Axial 2018

Thread: Anyone convert their D90 chassis to a D110?

Default Anyone convert their D90 chassis to a D110?

Hi all, I currently have the Rc4wd gelande ii and want to convert it to a d110. Just received the new chassis and have the extension coupler. Some other things I know I need are the rear lower links and the bearing for the coupler I emailed RC4wd for help and they replied back saying that they can't help which is unfortunate and honestly a bit disappointing. So does anyone know the sizes or Rc4wd part #s for the rear links and bearing? Also anything else I'm missing aside from the body? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks! Also if someone already posted this before then I apologize but I couldn't find anything.

You should have started on the D110 product page:

Bearing is probably a standard size 10mmx5mm one.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

appreciate the help. Yeah I looked it up before I got stumped and noticed the 129mm links and I'm guessing that's it for the lower rears but wasn't 100% sure. I looked up RC4wd's inventory on ball bearings that were 5mm ID and they actually have a few different sizes from OD to width. Hoping someone happens to know for sure. Might have to dig out the ol micrometer.

Good thread. I'm also inspired to convert my D90 to D110. Performance wise, is the D110 better?

Quote Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
    Good thread. I'm also inspired to convert my D90 to D110. Performance wise, is the D110 better?
    Performance depends on so many factors, driver skills being the most important. Tires play also important role. In some terrain LWB may perform better but generally short wheel base is better as you dont get stuck from the middle of the car easily. Driving on long wheel base is more challenching and therefore more fun!

I took a Gellande II and purchased a Team Raffee D110 frame and swapped everything over. Had to play with links to get axles where I wanted them. Used long links and long driveshafts.

Then I did the same thing again for another D110 build but used the intermediate shaft to allow for shorter links and driveshafts. I prefer the look and driving of the second truck.

I did this with an extraspeed chassis using rc4wd rails ......get a hold of the d110 kit instructions and the descriptions are in there i have both d90 and d110 its basically rails/longer coupler/ support bearing/different rear links the deive shafts are the same as the d90 if you use the bearing....i have seen some people use an extra long driveshaft and forgo the support bearing as well the front suspension is all the same parts as the d90

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk