sbg  
Axial

Thread: Realistic Lexan

Default Realistic Lexan

Made a bet with a friend today that I can make a lexan bodyshell look more realistic than a hardbody. Will start my exploration with the Lancia (which got this stupid idea started), then move onto the SR5, and eventually use everything I learn to make the 2000 GT-R as realistic as I can.

Never make bets. But I wish all the best for this and very sure that you can pull it through!

My tummy says this gonna be good, following.
    Hopes to see some tips and tricks.
    K

Sent to you using magic and Tapatalk

Lexan sucks.

Good idea sir, look forward to your results.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Lexan sucks.

Good idea sir, look forward to your results.
    You've seen what Rolex and Mike Villena have done with Lexan? They both have rigs that look more realistic than any hardbody, ever. If not I'll PM you a link (competing forum). Mike Villena in particular is arguably the best builder I've seen. Made an engine with moving crank and pistons and everything, from styrene.

Mike Villena posted here. Mind blowing. I recall he had a functioning timing chain made from styrene on that motor too. Like wtf.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Mike Villena posted here. Mind blowing. I recall he had a functioning timing chain made from styrene on that motor too. Like wtf.
    You a brit? "Wtf" is an understatement of note. Women may want him, but men like me want to be him. Wish there was a list of the top scratch builders somewhere. Builds like his both inspire and teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    You've seen what Rolex and Mike Villena have done with Lexan? They both have rigs that look more realistic than any hardbody, ever. If not I'll PM you a link (competing forum). Mike Villena in particular is arguably the best builder I've seen. Made an engine with moving crank and pistons and everything, from styrene.
    You know I'm joking right?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    You know I'm joking right?
    Lol yes I do (being German I take humour quite seriously ). It was a nod (shaking of head, more like) to a general sentiment that hardbodies are preferable to lexan when aiming for realism. I do agree that more realistic trucks happen to be hard bodies though...