sbg  

Axial
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DougJ's M06 Alpine A110

The foam flaps help block the light shining thru the wheels wells. These really make the car look great.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdegallargue View Post
    Love this legend of rally car...
    Thanks! It's one of the greats for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    The foam flaps help block the light shining thru the wheels wells. These really make the car look great.
    Yep! An interior would be better for light-blockage, but for now it's much better.

The snow on the trail has melted, so I took the Alpine down for a rip. The car isn't really equipped properly for this, with the open diff and tarmac tires, but it was fun to see it throwing some rooster tails in the dirt. If I want to drive it in the dirt more often I'm going to have to make a proper rally stage with groomed trails. The roots and rocks that have been exposed over the years on this trail are a bit too big for this car.

I also made some inner guards for the front. They don't block all the light, but they definitely do their job protecting the chassis. A couple days ago I did a test run on the driveway in the rain, splashing through puddles and sliding around, and the electronics didn't have a drop of water on them.

The only other thing to update on is the Sharpie trim. It's held up great and has been really easy to touch up, so I'm really happy with it. I've hand-drawn almost every decal that has had any issues with lifting: all the side window trims, side and hood trim lines, front marker light bezels, and trunk and hood hinges. If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything it's lifting decals, so I'm much happier with the car having pretty much eliminated that problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234