sbg  

RC4WD
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: TRUCK YEAH! 1951 Ford COE

Wowsers! Just stumbled across this thread and read it from start to finish. You sir, have the knack. Love how you’ve documented your build. Your techniques remind me of boat building. Hope that scar heals up nicely. Now you’ll just need a better story to go with it. A Dremel cutting wheel exploded and flew into my face doesn’t sound as good as “ I was snorkelling of the coast of Belize and was attacked by a giant octopus. You do know that octopi have a sharp beak. Well this one...”
    Cheers eh!
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Um.....
    Geeesh proto...
    Um...
    OUCH... Is that the correct response ?
    Sorry I asked....LOL..
    Get well... Um..yaaa...
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodtick72 View Post
    Doh!
    Been following the build. Fantastic work!
    Sorry about the eye. Speedy recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
    Yeah im not gonna lie i had myself a look, and I can already tell its going to be a very tasteful scar. Hope you recover as rapidly as possible man!
    All fixed up now

Quote Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
    Another shredder...I knew there was a reason I liked you. Can't wait to get back on my boards this winter. Speedy recovery!
    Same. Only I doubt I'm going to get any before March. Not just moving house - I'm moving country

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocosm View Post
    Good grief man, when's the book/film coming out?

I don't even wear goggles when I'm Dremmeling, I shall from now on. Please tell me you were cutting something really tough and not plastic. A speedy recovery my friend.

We can compare facial scars when we next meet lol, I ripped my top lip off on a Land Rover ventilation flap after one pulled out in front of me when I was riding to school on my BMX and I went over the handlebars and face first in to it. It was messy.
    Ha ha You're by far not the first that's asked about the book. Some are cool stories, like the lifted JK I drowned in a river. Most are candidates for the Darwin awards

Quote Originally Posted by H2Micr0 View Post
    The lengths we go to for tiny trucking.

Putting ourselves in danger with every mod.
    Yeah I'm taking one for the team here...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    chicks dig scars. keep it up bud.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by tossedman View Post
    Wowsers! Just stumbled across this thread and read it from start to finish. You sir, have the knack. Love how you’ve documented your build. Your techniques remind me of boat building. Hope that scar heals up nicely. Now you’ll just need a better story to go with it. A Dremel cutting wheel exploded and flew into my face doesn’t sound as good as “ I was snorkelling of the coast of Belize and was attacked by a giant octopus. You do know that octopi have a sharp beak. Well this one...”
    Just so happens I'm building a boat. Thank you though And yeah, I should think up something good. I haven't seen a mask and snorkel in at least 5 years so octopus might be hard to pass off. And I cut my farmer john up for rubber fenders, floor mats and mud flaps...

Anyways, as mentioned earlier we're moving house. From London to Frankfurt. In January. So I've put this build on hold until we get settled. There's a metric ton of stuff to do - get house into shape, sell house, find new house, find new school, find new job, and scarily, deal with the madness of new bank accounts, utilities, telephones...

Fun.

So I've got a scale retro gas pump I'm working on inbetween things, and the LCVP. Can't pack that one away until I've cut the huge pieces of styrene into a manageable size.

Wow Michael. I have had 2 of the small Dremel cut off wheels disintegrate, one was to close for comfort, the other was me being cautious and holding it at an angle away from my face. Hope you heal up soon and good luck on your relocation. Looking forward to you displaying your killer build talents soon!

Oh man it sucks how much real life gets in the way of toy trucks....

I love how your 'in between' project is utterly awesome and far better than any of my main projects haha!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021