sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCM Builds a Raffee/CMAX D90 Pickup

Default GCM Builds a Raffee/CMAX D90 Pickup

Hey! I'm starting a thread for this cool little truck!

That's purdy. Like these rovers. Muchly.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Welllll Time to update this thread, since the truck is 99% complete. HAHA

This started life as a CMAX chassis from GCMRacing and I added the DoubleTime SSD rims onto the TM8 Axle setup from GCM, then my fav 35t Trailmaster Sport motor from Holmes, my fav 632mg servo, and 1060 ESC. It runs JunFac driveshafts, and Vaterra TSL SlickRock tires with a custom special inner beadlock ring to fit properly. Thanks to the tires being small for the general size of the truck, I also dropped the 58mm long shocks down to 52 so I could secure a decent ride height.

The electrics fit on the left side tray mount (from our GCM Racing Shapeways store) and then the center battery tray has nothing in the way for the battery drop. The tray opens from the rear bottom, so it's ready for an almost permanent body mounting... Can't really see the need to take the lid off this thing ever.

The right side tray mount is empty, and will likely get a light kit attached to the body, but that will sit in this space.. just travelling with the body instead of the frame..

One of my fav things about this setup is the truck can run without the body, and the install is SUPER clean. Check out this side view... with nothing showing at all!

Up front the servo is mounted up and sits just inside the front of the body, easily covered with a Radiator etc once I'm done with that stuff. The front bumper slides into the full front frame of the CMAX with precision, and then will accept 2 screws per side to secure it well. You can also see how at the bumper tips there's a double wall sort of thing.. the body fits in between those for a really solid fitment. It's the same low profile bumper setup I used on the big D110 wagon, of the same Chassis.

There's tons of front clearance for unlikely bumper/trail interference.

With the lid on you can get the feel of the bumper layout. I'll get the 3mm front lights put in the front center as well for some extra night vision.

Out back, the step bumper was re-introduced to the truck with a new mount bracket, so It looks the same as the D110 setup, but has it's own mounting geometry to match the shorter body.

The truck is ready to go, except for the James Knight D90 Tube doors that are coming up from his Shapeways store. that should finish off my expedition mall crawler pretty well!

Ready and waiting for a trail shoot.. or Ultimate Scale Truck Expo.. which ever comes first!

Ultimate Scale Truck Shoot.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Shoot Truck Scale Ultimate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast