sbg  

RPP Winter Small

Thread: Best waterproof ESC??

Default Best waterproof ESC??

Hi there

I've always used Mtroniks Tio Rock C - good value for money but the drag brake is like stamping on the brakes!!! Just wondered what other waterproof ESCs people used that were reasonable value that they really rated?

Cheers
    Ben

Best is always a matter of argue but I've found that Quicrun 1060 is a fine and budget option for brushed!

The 1060 is good but it also has a really strong drag brake that can't be adjusted. Try the Axial AE5, it has a jumper that lets you choose 2 different brake strengths. It has a star plug and you can probably get a used one from an RTR pretty cheap.

I have had great success with the Holmes Hobbies BRXL. Tons of setup options and waterproofed from the factory.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks very much all! Time to get googling!!!

I am using the Castle Mamba Micro X in my truck. Granted I am running a Holmes brushless motor, so not sure how it would do with a brushed motor. But the esc works great and is factory waterproof according to them.

The Hobbywing wp-1080 is a nice upgrade from the 1060. At $40 it's double the price, but you get a 3amp 6volt BEC and a lot finer drag brake control, plus other improvements:

https://www.asiatees.com/article?id=2870

... and no I'm not sponsored; I just like helping people. :)