sbg  

RPP Cross 2018
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of an SAS'd Jeep Liberty

My buddy tig'd up two 3/16ths cross braces to my swing out tire carrier. Not super critical but more of a detail thing; Angled them up for max clearance around the tow hitch area. I think I'll also get the front bumper modified to better fit the front end.

Took it on its first rear run and ran about 1500mah through it just getting it dialed in. Motor in there now is due for replacement but its getting closer to running some actual trails.

Made up some new front body mounts using 2 super magnets and a steel plate on the body posts. Seems to work well!

And added headlights and tail lights

Love the rear carrier. That front bumper really makes this build. Give it "the magic"...

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Love the rear carrier. That front bumper really makes this build. Give it "the magic"...
    Thanks Small Factory!
    Old Man Emu HD coil springs arrived today.

Also did a bit more tinkering with the front coilovers. I've just been buttoning up little things getting it ready for Axialfest 17. Don't plan to run it a whole lot but I'd like to cruise around camp and perhaps do a bit of trailing.

You all may have been curious as to what is going to go onto the Pro Line roof rack as it has been empty all this time. Well since the beginning of the build, I knew I wanted to have a scale Roof Top Tent. Over the last few months I searched for a readily available option but turned up nothing.

Then one night, I had the idea that I could possibly step out of my comfort zone and make one...from styrene. Given that SBG is full of inspiring styrene builders with crazy scale builds, I knew that was my only feasible option. I watched the styrene tutorial by imthatguy (thank you sir) and a few others.

[
    Fast forward several days and many many hours later, I have a custom roof top tent! The design is roughly based off a type of clamshell hard shell RTT, as opposed to the more common fold out soft tent. I did the hard shell because it seemed to be the simplest to do as far as fabric and netting goes.

It is currently built out with some rough sanding done. I need to bondo a couple of small gaps and make the two articulating lift struts for the lid. Once I get all sanding and painting done, I can figure out the inside and mesh netting. For my first real styrene project, I think it came out pretty good.

I'd agree! Nicely done sir.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Its nice to see a kj build instead an xj or jk for once it looks terrific

Nice clam.

Much camp, many roof! Nicely done!
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Got a few pics on the slabs rocking its freshly painted roof top tent. The newly released RC4WD 1.55 Goodyear MTRs hould be in my mail box this week

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast