sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of an SAS'd Jeep Liberty

Great little Jerp! That's a petty hard to find body too. A very under-rated Jerp for sure, they were called Cherokees down here..
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Ha I know Seth the owner of the 1:1 used as a reference. I'll e-mail him the link to this thread I'm sure I'd be flattered if someone was copying my 1:1 for scale rc modeling! Awesome job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingWil View Post
    Ha I know Seth the owner of the 1:1 used as a reference. I'll e-mail him the link to this thread I'm sure I'd be flattered if someone was copying my 1:1 for scale rc modeling! Awesome job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What a coincidence. Yeah definitely share it with him. I suppose he knows about or has seen Troys big orange SAS KJ and Wally's matte tan SAS KJ...two full size rigs I know of quite well that I can also attribute to refrence Jeeps

Axle swap update. Got a bunch done today including a bit more massaging for the housings and cutting down the front and rear axle shafts. Picked up a full SCX10.2 bearing kit today and the VP 10.2 gear sets will be here this weekend.

Current track width is just over 8" tire to tire with 225 hubs and narrow hexes. I am considering getting a set of LURC 185 hubs just to bring that in a bit more but I really like the full width axle look it has now

Rear tires tuck nicely into the fenders with a bit of breathing room at full flex. I do need to make new lower coil buckets for the coil springs

Sweet build !
    I'd love to get my hands on a 1/10 KJ body and do a build like this !
    I also have a KJ 1:1 "03 Renegade"

Quote Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
    Sweet build !
    I'd love to get my hands on a 1/10 KJ body and do a build like this !
    I also have a KJ 1:1 "03 Renegade"
    Thanks man!

With some more work today, the KJ left the bench for its first run on the new axles. As a result of narrowing the housings, I can't run the bearings normally located in the end of the tubes so I am getting a bit more drive train drag than I really want so that is something Ill need to look into. Other than that, the axle swap went well.

Nice!
    Have you done or do you plane on doing an interior?
    I noticed the dark tinted windows.
    Also Axial plastic bodied shocks now on the front?

Nice!
    Once I get the drive train solid I do plan on addressing the interior. This body came with the black opaque windows all the way around so in order to see the interior, new windows will need to made from lexan. In the mean time I do like having the black windows so you cant see inside. Cleans it up a bit looks wise.

Nice!
    Also Axial plastic bodied shocks now on the front?
    LOL I edited my post while you were replying to it
    Yeah dark tinted windows also hide the view of the ground under the truck when looking down at them... if they have no interior.

LOL I edited my post while you were replying to it
    Yeah dark tinted windows also hide the view of the ground under the truck when looking down at them... if they have no interior.
    That to! I do have inner fender wells, because no one wants to see that stuff inside while on the trail.

Stocker Axial shocks for now. Had them laying around and I am still tinkering with the front end setup. If I don't stick with those Ill definitely get something a bit more scale looking.

Yes the old Axial shocks... I have to say I hate them with a passion!
    Many wasted hours rebuilding them just to see them leak every where!
    Though not that much more scale looking... I use Proline power stroke shocks with single full length coils... nice and smooth and not so leaky

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast