sbg  

GearHead
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Adventures of an SAS'd Jeep Liberty

Great job. Looks great. If i didnt know better i would have thought it was a real liberty

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Couple little updates. Here is the interior overview as it sits now. The large box behind the back seat is where the 1300 3s is hiding. It'll most likely be disguised as a subwoofer box or some kind of storage unit. A fresh pair of Axial Corbeau seats will be installed also.

And the beginnings of a headliner, complete with cut out for the sun roof. Just like the real deal, I will be using a spray adhesive and tan headliner. Base colors for the interior will be charcoal and black

Final item for this round; I got all of the main lighting installed and wired. It all runs off direct 3s and I can unplug the body lights from the chassis with a JST plug.

Todays project will be to create some sort of front fender liner/fender well.

Update on progress.
    Driver side inner fender is fabricated. I built them like this primarily to guard the RX which is located right on the firewall. Passenger side fender is built in a similar manor and hides the ESC located on the passenger side. I used some think aluminum sheet for them, cut and hand bent. Side is the same material and they are held together with nuts and bolts via small L brackets.

I was reminded that I needed rotors....so with 5 minutes of thought and a ton of work, we have a pair of stock style rotors for SLW hubs. Still need to make two more, or fabricate drums for the back

This is such a cool build! The little details are really making a difference.
    Carry on sir!
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Nice rotors! Very round!

it will have calipers also?

Quote Originally Posted by delux View Post
    This is such a cool build! The little details are really making a difference.
    Carry on sir!
    Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    Nice rotors! Very round!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    it will have calipers also?
    Yes sir. Gonna make up a set I think.

Rolling through some more items on the list...

Knight Customs Rotopax mount makes for an awesome mount for his farm jack. Fits nicely on the tailgate.

Headliner basically done. Looks a bit like a band aid but it was the closest I could find to the OEM color on the full size.

My 6" figure came in today. Had to clearance some of the seat and take his feet off but thats all. He fits in there nicely. I got material to make seat belts also. Safety first.

Got the firewall side of the inner fenders painted and bolted up. To keep things simple I made up flat guards that bolt in front of the shock tower and hide things like the motor and servo. It isnt a fully enclosed inner fender well, but due to space constraints this was the way to go. Ready for a quick coat of paint also.

Added a scale 102" CB radio whip to the swing out tire carrier. VHF radio antenna, GPS dome and FM radio antenna will make their way onto the jerp too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345