sbg  

RPP Accessories 2018
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of an SAS'd Jeep Liberty

Love that rtt. Nice work!

Recently picked up a set of the new RC4WD GY MTR/Ks in the 1.55 flavor and I am quite happy with the purchase. The size is just about spot on for this build, not to mention how cool they look. Only have one run on them so far. A good bit of improvement over the X3 compound Mud Thrashers.

Running non vented with stock foams for now but will look into CIs at some point.

Been a minute since I last updated. Have not done much other than add the amber marker lights. Very soon I will start making the interior, so stay tuned!

Great shots! This is such a cool little Jerp!
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Finally another update. It has basically been sitting for the past few months, but I got another wild hair to start working on it. (and a bit more free time). This past week I was able to get the all Axial based trans and t case setup in the frame. With the help of my buddy we were able to squeeze the complete Axial trans up front between the shock towers, including a 56t spur. A mount plate was welded to the frame so it is simple and securely mounted.

For the transfer case, I am using the transfer case of an SCX10.2 kit trans. It offers up a slight 1.3:1 gear reduction ratio which is a plus. Input shaft is a cut down SCX10 trans input shaft (old non slipper style), so its got a nice flat spot for an M3 screw on the drive shaft from the trans. There are two 20t gears and a 10.2 specific 26t gear on the output shaft. Output shaft I am using one from a Yeti, but the 10.2 t case output shaft works also if you have one. For some extra style, I used the VP Atlas T case housing with some custom mounts. It is also clocked up slightly to get a better angle on the input drive shaft.

Basically, the motor forward setup had to be done so I could get the most depth out of my interior as possible, and I think it will work out well. Some cardboard for mock up sits right down at the bottom of the doors, so about as good as it is gonna get. From here on out, I can start busting out the styrene interior. No doubt there will be some compromise vs what a real Liberty interior looks like, but Ill do my best.

Stay tuned.

Interior update. Here are a bunch of photos roughly going through what has been built so far. This is my first real interior so naturally its taking a ton of time. Little bits at a time for sure.

*side note: This is definitely more of a build thread than an adventure thread of photos with scenic back drops

Last item completed so far was a clear lexan Glass piece to replace the opaque black glass. This was custom vacuformed using the original piece as a mold. Tan Wood Works was awesome and completed this for me. Also I will be using the steering wheel and seats from a New Bright TJ. They fit pretty nice and with some paint would look just right.

Currently roughing out the rear inner fenderwells and will start doing more dash work after that.

Awesome build! What does this look like with the body off? I want to build something similar because I found a similar Libby body. (My bad! Looks like it didn't show the whole thread until I made an account!)

The little jerp has power. Castle Micro X 2280kv system. The drivetrain seems to spin nice and free too

Everything is pretty much routed and pretty easy to pull the interior out for painting and service. Power is ran to the back where the battery sits.

Lit up RacePak dash and GPS unit

Good choice i run that motor on the mamba x its just an insane combo all around
    Quote Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
    The little jerp has power. Castle Micro X 2280kv system. The drivetrain seems to spin nice and free too

Everything is pretty much routed and pretty easy to pull the interior out for painting and service. Power is ran to the back where the battery sits.
    Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast