sbg  

RPP 1

Thread: NCYota axles by BowHouse RC

Default NCYota axles by BowHouse RC

BowHouse RC is excited to announce the NCYota axle family. We've been privileged to partner with GCM Racing to bring this new axle to market using the same internals found in GCM's all-new TM8 axles -- a combination of Vaterra Ascender ring/pinion/locker and GCM-specific CVDs and straight rear axle shafts. The result is a super scale, very durable, and great performing axle for your build.

We have multiple versions to fit a wide variety of platforms and builds. These include the 170mm leafed for RC4WD chassis (now available with leaf under axle mounts), 152mm leafed for GCM CMAX, 170mm leafed for GCM CMAX, 170mm linked for RC4WD Gelande 2, 170mm linked for GCM CMAX, and 170mm linked for RC4WD TF2. Here are pictures of the 170mm leafed housing with mounts for RC4WD applications:
    DSC08354.jpg

DSC08332.jpg

DSC08346.jpg

The 152mm version uses narrower leaf spacing made possible by the CMAX's narrower chassis rails for the ultimate tire tuck with narrow bodies like the Hilux/Mojave and LC70:
    DSC00212.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

We have also developed double shear knuckles for added durability and tire clearance:
    DSC00508.jpg

The double shear design allows you to mount the tie rod between the steering arms or above the upper steering arm. These knuckles are necessary for full steering on the RC4WD Gelande 2 linked axles, and they are recommended for all of our other NCYota versions.

To make a complete axle set, you will need a front housing, a rear housing, 2 diff covers, a set of knuckles (optional but highly recommended), and a TM8 hardware set. The housings and diff covers are available through our Shapeways store:
    https://www.shapeways.com/designer/b...xle-collection

Hardware sets are available directly from BowHouse RC (send email to bowhouserc@gmail.com) or through tinytrucks.com (USA customers), JS Scale (EU customers), or the GCM Racing web site (Canada and international customers outside of the US and EU):
    http://www.tinytrucks.com/viewitem.php?productid=374

http://www.jsscale.net/0381-tm8-axle...t-f274972.html

http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=381

Simple. Assembly is also very simple. It goes together just like a set of TM8 axles (which go together just like Ascender axles), the only difference being the use of four M3x12mm screws through the axle housing to capture the diff cover rather than screwing the diff cover into the axle from the outside:
    DSC08342.jpg

For more information on assembling the axles, check out the GCM TM8 axle assembly video here:

And check out section 4 of the CMAX Assembly Instruction thread here on SBG:
    http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...y-Instructions
    See the next post for a few notes to help with assembly. Thanks for looking!
    BowHouse RC, GCM #tinytruck Team, Team Helios RC

Assembly tips:
    - Use a 3/32" drill bit to clear out excess printing residue from inside the screw holes in the diff cover and the screw holes at the kingpins in the carriers. Be careful not to drill the diff cover holes deeper than they are - the purpose is just to clear out excess residue from the existing holes.
    - We recommend 4x M3x12mm screws for each diff cover. These screws are not included in the TM8 hardware kit.
    - The TM8 hardware kit includes everything you need to complete your axles other than the axle housings and diff covers (which are available on our Shapeways store), the M3x12mm screws for the diff covers, steering links, and wheels/tires (of course).
    - You can use a stock TF2 steering link for the NCYotas. Note that at the stock width, the steering link provides slight toe out, which can help steering. If you prefer to eliminate the toe out, you can trim .5mm from each of the stock rod ends to shorten the steering link.

COMING SOON
    Stay tuned for more NCYota versions, including:
    - 170mm leaf sprung for CMAX chassis
    - 170mm coil sprung for CMAX chassis
    - 170mm coil sprung for RC4WD chassis
    - ultra narrow version for CMAX chassis

Stoked because my 152mm ultra narrow axles have arrived and are assembled, which means I can build my Dastun 520 at long last A word of caution though - the front axle only comes in right drop, so set your LRT2 transfer case up accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    Stoked because my 152mm ultra narrow axles have arrived and are assembled, which means I can build my Dastun 520 at long last A word of caution though - the front axle only comes in right drop, so set your LRT2 transfer case up accordingly.
    Glad you like them so far...we can't wait to see your build!

Updated first post with our newest versions of NCYotas (152mm for CMAX, 170mm linked for RC4WD Gelande 2) plus new double shear knuckles:
    DSC00531.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

Those axles look awesome. Great job y'all. Way to push the envelope. I think I have a build I'm gonna need these for.

I'm ordering another CMAX just to utilize these under a Toy Toy Toy.

Last edited by imthatguy; 08-15-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE