sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CMAX Baja Blazer by GCM

Default CMAX Baja Blazer by GCM

Hiya!
    We love building #tinytrucks over here, and this one has been on my mind to build up since the Ascender Blazer came out. I'm SUPER pleased with the RC4wd Blazer Hard-body kit, so it became the jump off point for this build, instead of the larger Ascender lexan version.

The ScaleGarage has seen a ton of action these last few weeks with this build!

After we had cut the initial production prototypes of the CMAX setup, I had to do a test fit on the Blazer body to see where it was at for spacing and height etc. To my pleasant surprise, the fitment is really nice.

Using a setup of rear leaf springs and front coil springs to test some fitment we came up with this:

After getting the final production parts finished in Black anodize it was time to put this brainchild together for good.
    I stuck the CMAX together with the basic center crossmembers to locate the thing, and get it in a frame-looking look.

Next up is the CMAX leaf spring mounts. Figuring that all out is really pretty easy on a leaf spring truck. You mount the leafs on the axle, then stick the frame on top, and eyeball the spring location.
    I added the rear and front leaf spring mounts. The forward spring eye is stationary, with the swing hanger in the back.

Front:

and Rear:

We can't see any of the pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously considered using the stock bumpers on this truck. Honestly, I think the bumpers are actually too big for the scale of the body, but that's my eye against math. In any case, I invented this drop in frame mount to hold the front bumper in place.

This meant I can now test the chassis in the body in a more serious way, considering the stock Blazer bumper actually bolts right to the lower valance on the bodywork.... that's a bit serious... and no real room for error there.

No pictures for me either

Out back the rear stock bumper had the same treatment, a post mount that fits between the frame rails and holds the bumper in line with the body.

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Out back the rear stock bumper had the same treatment, a post mount that fits between the frame rails and holds the bumper in line with the body.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I

Bummed! Cannot see any photos!

Sorry people. Google host squashed all my pics if you're not on a google browser.

I'll fix this later. Kinda pissed off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Sorry people. Google host squashed all my pics if you're not on a google browser.

I'll fix this later. Kinda pissed off right now.
    Hahaha okay thank you!!!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast