sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Blackfoot RC - Scale Park

A small update; picked up a pretty cool shrub on sale a couple weeks back, kind of like a giant bonsai tree. I think it looks top notch.

And a couple pics of a building I have been working on for a bit now. It will be a fire lookout. Was tricky to figure out how large to build it at full 1:10 scale it looked massive compared to the trucks. We cut it down some and now its about 1:11 or 1:12 scale. What scale is everyone else building too???

The railing was the most difficult part of the project so far. The wood is all made on my table saw; very time consuming!!!

The finished building will be on stilts. The building and railing will get a white wash and some weathering. The roof will be covered in thin aluminum and then painted red and again weathered. I was dragging my heals a little on this project but now that I have more free time Im back at it!!!

Nice work on the building! Is it going to stay outside 24/7? How is it held together?

I build all of my structures at 1/9 scale because most "1/10" vehicles are actually 1/9 or 1/8.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Nice work on the building! Is it going to stay outside 24/7? How is it held together?

I build all of my structures at 1/9 scale because most "1/10" vehicles are actually 1/9 or 1/8.
    It won't be out 24/7. The main building structure is 1/4" plywood glued and nailed, the deck is nailed and PL400 and siding is all PL400. I'm sure the structure would take the elements but the railing is just CA so not sure how it would last in the elements. That and the last building we left out went missing in a week!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345