sbg  

RPP ProLine 2018
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Original SUV

I need 2 Beers , anyway, awesome work 2Beers!!!

Thanks again everyone for the encouragements.
    Their needed at this point no doubt.... Proving to be a very labor intensive body to make things look right.

Ive been making patterns as I go, Hoping to produce something better after it's more complete and correct.
    Loving the challenge in it all no doubt.

Really thinking about going with brass and copper in the long one. Ive been buying the little sticks here and their for the chassis already. Just see If I'm up for the task involved...My metal skills are very limited, same for tools to work it.

I'll get the other fender set done today..time granted.. and then stop and get things cleaned up and looking more proper.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Here is the Basics my friends...
    Time to get serious and get it all cleaned up...Probably going to be a year doing themmmm.
    Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Run what Ya Brung.

I really love this one, great lines, and you obviously are vibing with the source material! As for the metal, there are many ways to skin that cat. It is great for instant gratification, but you may want to avoid the .005 tooling aluminum Masher uses, as do I, as unless you WANT it to get damaged, it just isn't super forgiving to handling it a lot. Those pressboard bucks you made should hold up to at least a few panels. I would love to see this in copper sheets, soldered. Maybe make a few extra panels to force ageing and patina? either way, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Wow.. way above my talents as of right now.. But you've got me thinking..ahahaha. Caster plast molds or something to them effects.
    Hummm. cold a guy vacuum for a few layers of tin foil ..glue between layers..maybe three thick to simulate a metal based body ...... Food for thought...

Thanks masher. Keep the ideas coming..I eat that stuff up you know.
    No, I think you could do it just fine. plaster of paris is a great way to start. if you try, make sure you put some kind of release agent on the buck, like a thin layer of Vaseline for example, and also put something on the back of the buck, like a handle, so you can pull it from the plaster once it sets.

you could try the foil idea but I don't think you will get the clean look you are after. it will want to wrinkle bad under vacuum. I feel the styrene would be the optimum choice.

Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    This would be a great one to mold and press metal into a real car..I've been considering copper foil and whether or not you can solder it..regardless,super sweet build!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    you should be able to solder it just fine my only concern is heating it without warping the panel but if the material is fairly thick you should be fine. I've seen it done many times on other models.

Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    I really love this one, great lines, and you obviously are vibing with the source material! As for the metal, there are many ways to skin that cat. It is great for instant gratification, but you may want to avoid the .005 tooling aluminum Masher uses, as do I, as unless you WANT it to get damaged, it just isn't super forgiving to handling it a lot. Those pressboard bucks you made should hold up to at least a few panels. I would love to see this in copper sheets, soldered. Maybe make a few extra panels to force ageing and patina? either way, awesome!
    I completely agree. the aluminum I use would be a waste on this as I would not want it to show damage. Copper or even annealed brass sheet would work great with the bucks you already have. if you use something like .015 or .020 you should be able to shape it easily over the wood bucks but you might need to eliminate some of the smaller details like the hinges but they could always be added later and give an even better look. Material that thick would also resist denting once formed.

Keep it up!

This thread is deemed to be "outrageous".

Lovely work sir. But we've come to expect that from you.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

One question. Did you make the frame flex like the original? You can twist those frames by hand. Maybe that is why they were decent in the mud and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work. Such a cool shaped old body and fenders on these. Looks like fun to make.

Quote Originally Posted by choladay View Post
    One question. Did you make the frame flex like the original? You can twist those frames by hand. Maybe that is why they were decent in the mud and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This whole thread is giving me all kinds of great ideas..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Extremely cool! Loads of hard work

149 r/c worx team driver

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast