sbg  

RPP Axial 2018
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 352

Thread: The Original SUV

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Looking great! I like the copper idea if That's what you are doing. Extra realistic.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    Speechless!
    It's not that good..lol.. But a huge thanks joe.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpinney View Post
    Ahhhh-Maze-iiiing!

    I'm curious, is that MDF? Will you form the brass around it?

    I'm definitely subbing this build, and can't wait to see more.


    Making movies one frame at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    Looking great! I like the copper idea if That's what you are doing. Extra realistic.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Far my skills guys..way far.. Matter of fact, I have a basic box slapped together out of styrene..Update coming shortly.
    Thanks for the props though, I can only dream about being that good. Lack of patients mostly.

    Thanks again everyone.
    Run what Ya Brung.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Extremely hard and I'm leaning over the fence on it..
    Here's your update. Lots and lots of work to get it cleaned up, but I think I can work with it.
    No laughing, enjoy, and thanks for looking.



    Run what Ya Brung.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Extremely hard and I'm leaning over the fence on it..
    Here's your update. Lots and lots of work to get it cleaned up, but I think I can work with it.
    No laughing, enjoy, and thanks for looking.



    No laughing here. That thing looks awesome!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Neustadt/Wstr., South West Germany
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Hey my friend! That's going to be phantastic! I'm always fascinated how fast you work! Just a couple of hours offline and that much progress! I'm terribly curious how this will turn out. Keep those updates coming! Regards Jens

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    In The Shop!
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    No laughing here, just in awe, going to be a very cool build.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duff Gardens
    Posts
    5,852

    Default

    How much arm twisting would it take to get you to pop one of these out for me? It would be so cool to have a rusted out cab in the weeds at Smiggin's Folly
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    247

    Default

    This really is pretty dang nice man,captured the essence of the inspiration for sure. I'm thinking you're as hard on yourself as i am!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Huge thanks for the encouragements and views guys.
    I think this one can be saved..But I will be using it mostly for mock up and figuring out the remaining parts and shapes.
    I used .60 styrene for the pulls... why I'm happy with the shapes and curves i feel it's just not very crispy looking.
    So plans are to go forward with a static version and then re-do in .40 styrene. should come out a bit better..also the Bucks need a bit of refining and carved out to release the pulls easier... Always learning on each build..lol.




    Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    How much arm twisting would it take to get you to pop one of these out for me? It would be so cool to have a rusted out cab in the weeds at Smiggin's Folly
    This would be a great Honor.. as said above.. I'll take this close to a static finished assembly for remaining looks and parts and get it sent off to ya n00b..Will be an absolute hoot to see you finish it and your painting rusting techniques done to it.
    Before it goes... I'll make sure it's fluent in the right accents to talk to your rocks from over seas...
    PM me your address my friend...
    Run what Ya Brung.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    This really is pretty dang nice man,captured the essence of the inspiration for sure. I'm thinking you're as hard on yourself as i am!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks penneyma..
    It was a good challenge no doubt.. With the quality of builds so high around here on this forum.. It sets the bar high..real high to try and do the best a guy can do.
    But the main thing is to have fun... and fun is what we do.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •