sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dune Buggy reloaded: The Exo Conversion V2.0

Hello everybody!

So far something was missing in the buggys front:

I closed the space by welding some kind of front bumper. Maybe I am going to paint it black partly. What do you think? Is it too massive?

Thanks for watching!
    Regards Jens

Hello feraks,

one more little update: Got a new head for the driver. I originally didnt plan to buy a new one but I begun to like him after I first saw him at Shapeways. He looks a bit like me (eventhough he looks relatively dished - could be my older brother maybe ;o). I'll have to tinker some safety glasses for him, I think, to mask his idle glance... HäHä.)

Seats are modified a bit, too, some kind of lighter appearance now...!?

Furthermore I bought some little details for underneath the fuel tank (just threwn in for now):

I think the items integrate into the overall plan (As far as I had one...).

Lots of more things to be done but I hope you like it like I do. Thank you for watching.
    Regards Jens

Yeah man, it's coming along very well!

I'm really digging the details, the filter, the new driver's head, the mods to the front end.

Can't wait to see what ya come up with next.

Hello girls and boys, and thank you BadWagon once more for your kind replies; you push me forward!

Bomb in his neck!

Fuel tank build in. Some little more details done. Next to be done is the dash and it still doesnt have a steering... !
    Thank you for watching.

Regards Jens

Great job on the tank! Man you are killing the details. I am super impressed.

One question, and please take this as constructive as I love the color... do you plan on tying the blue in elsewhere on the buggy? It seems out of place as it's not repeated.

Not complaining, or trashing ya, just curious.

You know I love this build!!

Looks fantastic sir! Driver looks a little like Abraham Lincoln!

Wonderful detail work, I bet you're close to finishing.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Hello freaks,

@BadWagon: Good ideas, hints, fingertips and even criticism need no excuse, explanation or even justification. One side how to profit from this forum for me is to see the great work others do here. Other side is the hints, opinion and ideas you as my fellows have about my projects! Such feedback is essential for me! All ideas are always welcome, so please go on and thank you very much for it!
    I thought about the problem you mentioned before, too but I cant find a place to put some additional blue! ;o) Maybe the sides of the engine or the back of the number panels? I'll have to think about that.

@ImThatGuy: Thank you very much, yes it is hopefully going to be completed soon but so many little tiresome jobs and finishing touches to be done... btw: Didn't know yet that Abraham Lincoln was driving buggy for recreation, too... Very likeable! :O)

Thanks for watching, all kinds of comments welcome!

Regards Jens

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerkind View Post
    Hello freaks,

@BadWagon: Good ideas, hints, fingertips and even criticism need no excuse, explanation or even justification. One side how to profit from this forum for me is to see the great work others do here. Other side is the hints, opinion and ideas you as my fellows have about my projects! Such feedback is essential for me! All ideas are always welcome, so please go on and thank you very much for it!
    I thought about the problem you mentioned before, too but I cant find a place to put some additional blue! ;o) Maybe the sides of the engine or the back of the number panels? I'll have to think about that.

Thanks for watching, all kinds of comments welcome!

Regards Jens
    I feel the same way Jens. That's one of the reasons this is my favorite forum. The people are amazing and have great feedback, insight, and style.

I'm not sure as to where to repeat the blue, and honestly, it's a small item in a wonderful build. Really just food for thought, and conversation.

Can't wait to see what details you add to this buggy.

Cheers!

First time I have read this build.

Fast buggies are not normally my thing, but man, I love it.

Just a bigger version of my FAV I still have to finish LOL.

Very Cool.

Cheers
    H2Micr0
    RC4WD Team Driver - Check out 'Trailworx Garage' on FB

Hello everybody, and thank you guys for your appreciating replies!

Well, this one can be called to be finished! Yeah! Fixed a dashboard and steering wheel, gearstick and some little further details.
    I am really happy how it turned out, hope you like it, too. Here are some photos, unfortunately I couldn't get it managed to make a video; heavy rain all the day. I hope to find some time and better weatherconditions soon. First testing was fine and it's quite nimble. Only problem is, that the drivers head turns right when steering left and contrawise. I could' t make one of the servos work into another direction without causing a short circuit, yet. Any ideas?

@H2MicrO: Yes, you are right, the Tamiya FAV influenced my youth and this build very much and is still my favourite Tamiya kit!

Thank you all for your support, thanks for watching, too.

Regards Jens

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast