sbg  

RPP Accessories 2018
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dune Buggy reloaded: The Exo Conversion V2.0

Definitely. I'm really impressed at how square everything is! Testament to your skill.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Hello everybody, and thank you 'noob, Frederik and imthatguy for your kind replies. You push me forward!

Some little updates, especially some minor color changes and some first stickers: The blue of the hood turned lighter and metallic, the silver of the cage turned a bit darker. All in all the color scheme is balanced a bit better that way; the light silver colored cage to be seen on the photos before was somehow too prominent. I guess I have to build some more bonnets to get all my color ideas done. I would be interested in some red hood for example, too...
    Here is what I have got so far:

I am extremely happy with it. Thank you for watching.

Regards Jens

Such great work don't know where to start with the compliments. LOVE IT.....

Hello freaks,

little update, fixed the head- and rearlights as well as it has an exhaust now. Took hours to bend the pipes but I think it was worth the effort.

@wsd: Thank you, yes I like it, too!
    Thank you for watching.

Regards Jens

Hi everybody,

I typically dont fear to much about brazing a rollcage. But fiddeling cables through the model and hiding batteries is something I dont like too much. Anyway, it had to be done. I doubled the floorboards to hide the cables from battery to ESC.

Engine is fixed,too. I used the original Exos gear but had to build a new driveshaft: New cars wheelbase is about one inch longer than the originals. All the electronic stuff (except battery) will be hidden under the bonnet, this keeping space in the rear for all the scale mock engine and fuelcell junk.

Battery will be hidden behind the drivers seats and in this way it nearly will be invisible.

Progress is little, steering and lots of details still missing. None the less I enjoy. Hopefully you do, too. Thank you for watching.

Regards Jens

It's looking amazing

Looking so sexy.. Huge drool.
    Coming about fantastic, Supper cool build and skills happening...
    Run what Ya Brung.

looks freaking killer mate, just love the looks
    just keep the good going.

I just have to admire your tube bending/brazing skills! Amazing!

Hello everybody,
    and thank you all for your appreciating replies. I'm very pleased!

Thing has seats now, and I think it's coming together about the way I liked it to:

Safetybelts still missing and you shouldnt be surprised about the missing seating surface of the drivers seat: The driver will be sitting directly on the cars floor with a big screw in his bottom, thus reducing his height a bit ...forgot the driveshaft needs some space, too...

Thank you for watching.
    Regards Jens

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast