sbg  

Boom Racing
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat Cat Speedster Jag Project

Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    I think the proportions are perfect, side exhaust is awesome! Progress may be slow, but very cool to follow!
    Thanks Joe.

Saturday I secured the clamshell hood and made a mounting bracket for the front chassis body post. Took it out for a slow spin in the driveway and discovered lots of clearance issues - especially in the front since the tires are rather wide. I have clearance issues in the rear as well when backing up so a little grinding and shaping ought to take care of that. I need to come up with a better mono shock system in the rear so I don't get so much lift and squat when starting forward or squat when backward. There can be as much as a 1/4 inch movement up or down when the power hits the rear wheels and so I have to compromise some on the stance I want to get. I wish I had a better chassis - one with some camber adjustments in the suspension and I hope to build a better one after this project, but that will have to wait. I'll make small changes to this one and eventually build a new one.

Clearance issues fixed. Had a run around the driveway again and it worked fine. Now I have to set it aside as the school year start is going to have me busy and limit my build time (which is already pretty limited), but just getting the body fixed into a one piece lid and getting it workable is a great deal of progress. Now the work ahead is figuring out some fixtures on the body and dealing with cleaning up the bodywork and reading for primer. - Maybe by Christmas!

2 rides and no video? :(

keep going,nice work

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    2 rides and no video? :(

keep going,nice work
    Thanks. Perhaps once I get things attached and get a coat of primer I'll video a run with it. Right now it's got so much blue tape holding things on that it looks pretty shabby and I've got some more pieces to make for it before I can put it all together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123