sbg  

RPP Cross 2018
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Fat Cat Speedster Jag Project

Thanks Frederick. You’ll have to check out the Citroen 2CV build on scalemotorcars rc build forum. 1/6 scale scratch built w a fully working 2CV engine. He cast the block, turned a crankshaft and other parts.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...ale-1-6-a.html

Roger Zimmerman’s build is amazing too and his perseverence inspires me to keep at it. I’m hoping to get to final painting in October or November. We’ll see.

The continued evolution of Guillermo Del Torso:

Painted the arms with the latex paint because a solvent base paint would dissolve the foam. Then used acrylic craft paint and a paint pen for highlights. Still have some touch up to do. I also made the hands out of sticky foam tracing a glove shape with wrap around wrist strap and putting it over a small piece black tubing to fit on the wire ends of the arms. Then i wrapped the fingers onto the steering wheel which came out of an old Bratz doll car. I had painted that earlier in the process of making the dashboard. (the dash will be posted later once I get it fully mapped out. I still have some tidying up on my painting but it's coming together. My brush technique is not what it ought to be, but then again, it's been a long time since i've ever done painting of small details. Other work on this left to do: I have to do some upholstery on the seat and have to make the buckle for the belts. Here's some shots.

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.jpg

Worked on making a dashboard for this. Sheet aluminum for the basic panel and I bent the center so it angled around the driver. I opted to use the only usable piece of the Jag's original dashboard, but cut it down top and bottom to fit properly. I saved some corrugated aluminum covers from some cans of nuts because of the cool diamond pattern thinking I could use it for just such a purpose. It is thin with just the right amount of stoutness and cuts easily without the embossed texture distorting. I glued it in plac and was able to press on it some without the texture distorting. The bezels for the gauges are caps from IV drug meds. My wife is a nurse and these things come home in her pockets - the used caps, not the drugs! They end up in the dryer so I snatch them up and put them in a box. They are the headlight bezels on my vette as well. The print for the gauges are from a Bratz sports hatch I once gutted for the body when I first started making bodies for my car. I peeled them and re-applied them here. Then I trimmed it with a thin string of sticky foam.

The steering wheel is held in to the dash with a long screw and a spring from a ball point pen. The spring keeps the wheel pushed out to meet the driver but allows it to tilt as needed to connect with the driver's arms. When disassembling the hands come off the arms and stay attached to the wheel. When I reassemble, I'll just insert the wire from the arms into the tube that the hands are wrapped around and Guillermo Del Torso will once again be able to feel his fingers. Some shots of the current work:

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2534.JPG

Really dig your materials and innovation for (on?) the driver. Also, very sharp paint work on him. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Really dig your materials and innovation for (on?) the driver. Also, very sharp paint work on him. Kudos!
    Thanks very much. Still some tidying up with small details left to do but aside from trying an improvement on the rear bumpers, I am nearly ready to disassemble and work on the body paint. I'm trying not to rush the little jobs since I have only short stints here and there to work on it, but I am so eager to put the BRG on it and see it in it's finished form I might have an oops moment!

w o w

Stunning dash work!

Such a great build. Nice work on Guillermo!!! Love the way that “not usual modeling” materials are used!!

Keep posting!!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789