sbg  

RPP Winter ARRMA 2017

Thread: SuperShafty's road to Monster Jam

Default SuperShafty's road to Monster Jam

Lexan is totally cool for MTs soooooooooooooooooo

Mikey Vater Jr is a friend of ours and he wanted us to put together a 1/10 scale version of his truck OverKill Evolution.

We started out with a Axial Deadbolt. After reading John Schultz's build we figured it would be a great place to start.

He seemed to really like it just the way it was. He bashed it around until the slipper gave out

My job at this point was to prep and paint the chassis so I threw up the tarp and turned on the ventilation fan

Do to the fact it's cold as piss in the shelter I have a lot of problems with paint not spraying well. I've started using a cooler, stainless bowl and hot water to warm up my paint.

The bowl keeps the cans dry

82deg, not bad. 27.8c for that guy...

Tore the chassis down, scuffed it up and layed down a layer of Bulldog adhesion promoter

You didn't want to try RIT dye?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

and here I thought paint would be best...

In order to get the Candied blue to show up I first sprayed it with Spaz Stixs white backer

All of the edges and cracks are being a PIA

After almost a can of blue there is still white showing through. I real wish this paint was sold in a bottle. The airbrush would work so much better.

After my buddy at RCPlanet rushed me out another can I was able to finish.

It ended up a lot darker than I wanted, but the cracks and gaps just needed so much paint to cover. With every coat it got darker and darker.

Cut up some scrap Lexan for the sponsor stickers

This things looks so different at different angles and pics don't do it justice.

Paint is done and now it's off to Mike, Super Shafty to work his magic.

Any updates on this??

Mike, MJDESTINE has it and was supposed to take over posting in here...