sbg  

GearHead
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GCM Scale Trans Combo Kit now ready!

Just placed an order for another one of these setups. Don't think I'll run a stock trans in a TF2 again. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... I already have the complete SSD tranny/case. Can I just order the parts needed for the conversion?

Unfortunately the trans from SSD isn't the same internally as ours, so one of us would have to split a transmission to make a kit. We have a Rc4wd R4 kit for the LRT2 transfer case, but not an SSD conversion, as it already comes with its own tcase.
    We have a suspicion if you tried the LRT2 conversion for the R4 you may be able to make something work mixing some SSD gears with the LRT2 tcase kit... Then add a motor plate to make it work.

And now the buyers remorse sets in from picking up a SSD from RPP on the Black Friday sale. No conversion to the GCM tcase...

Well no worries, I'll just have to buck up and buy a GCM when the time comes. :)

Very nicely done set up fellas. Well thought out and I see these as being the new standard. You've set the bar high.

Thank you for all of the R&D you put into our hobby.

Cheers, Thanks for the note. I hope you can live with the SSD tcase setup for a while until you get it switched over. Much Greet,

Please don't beat me up too much for this..... but will this AWESOME Trans fit, or be bodged to fit, some of the lower grade crawlers out, like the ECX WI the butt-ugly body, or the FTX Outback???

As much as I would LOVE an Ascender... I'm not going to have that kind of money. :(
    BUT I at least stand a chance of getting one of those $140-160 rigs. They're OK.......... but do have a crappy center 370 motor and gearbox.

I can't be the only one who has to start small, and slowly build on it?

Will this Transmission fit in the Skelton chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As this is kit (LINK HERE) is designed for a universal fit, you can make up brackets to fit just about anything! It's not going to work well in the skeleton chassis though, as that's got servo mounts and stuff right in the way of the motor. It will fit in the CMAX Starter Kit though (http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=417).

We have just developed a kit for the SCX and SCX2 fitment though! (LINK HERE) This kit will get you the scale driveline in the correct place for a link suspension, as well as the scale looks and rock-solid reliability of the steel driveline. With OverDrive in the front now, the SCX2 becomes a real rock eater!

Here's the overview video of the unit installed:

Here's our testing video of the SCX2 from Box Stock RTR to this transmission conversion. Otherwise, all stock.

What is the overdrive ratio? Comps here in Aus require no overdrive for class 1 so I want to know before I get one if I'll even be able to match the drive speeds with new diff gearing. I currently have planned Axial front diff with overdrive gears to match the yota 1 rear diff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast