sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tamiya paint issues..? soft abs body now.

i havent got a clue whats going on here.. ive used the base matte white i dont know how many times, and ive painted i dont know how many bodies (both tamiya and rc4wd) the variable is the color coat, tamiya cobalt green ( a new color). so i see it as only 2 possible answers, either theres something different in the paint now thats not compatible with previous paint or its a bad bit of plastic that the body was molded from. i did get the new body in a few days ago and sprayed it last night with a new can of white and it cured fine with no issues. i also sprayed the old body with the same can and it feels like plastidip?!? i emailed rc4wd about this after tamiya said they would look into the matter and now have not heard back.. i dont expect any free stuff or a replacement, but id like a reason why this happened so at least i dont waste another $100 in body and paint

I've never had any luck with email when I contacted rc companies. However when I've called they usually try to fix you up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12