sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Bronco Concept

Wow, this is great stuff! A guy could learn a thing or two by hanging around this build...

He he thanks for the comments

Hood/bonnet hinges are taking time. In the meantime, being the weekend, Dr. Jekyll makes way for Mr. Hyde.

Last edited by Fourth Protocol; 09-26-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Americanization (hood v. bonnet)

The last few days were about solving the problem of the hood/bonnet closing right up against the windscreen. Normal hinges would stick at about 30, so I made hinges that move forward while moving upward.

Just got them installed. Here they are in the lowered position:

And here raised:

Finally, from the top:

It's a bit risky in that I'm not gluing in the hood/bonnet until that's been painted so while I think they work, I don't know that they work. Now back to prep the body for paint.
    Last edited by Fourth Protocol; 09-26-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Americanization (hood v. bonnet)

Reached a milestone today - paint! Needs finishing, but liking how the aluminium look came out. And I found a very workable solution for those crazy headlights (which will go in when the TLU-01 arrives).

This project has me amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCrawl View Post
    This project has me amazed!
    Lol thanks. I just keep seeing the train crash I'm creating.

Some progress on the grill, but far from done. Light buckets are done though (they'll be recessed, so what you see here isn't quite the right look yet), and need indicators which I might do on Sunday. Forgot about the holes for the fog lights, so they're in too now. And made the opening for the winch bigger.

Tomorrow is going to be outdoors. Sanding.

Got the whole body sanded down with 400 grit today (going to work up to 1200 grit before painting).

It brought out some details that need fixing, like this -

Also fixed the steering problem. The rod connecting servo to steering rod was about 10mm too long, so the truck would have amazing lock going right, but hardly go left at all. I read this and got it into my head that 4mm rods were the one true path to inner peace and salvation, so got some of that and some Traxxas rod ends. All went well until I discovered that I needed the non-standard Ascender rod end to connect the servo rod to the steering rod. Of course Ascender rod ends take 3mm rods, so I thought to hell with it, made the rod end opening bigger with my reamer, and screwed the rod in.

Was a bit like sticking a marshmallow into a coin slot, but the steering works as it should now.

Turned out to be a pretty productive day. Got the battery cover cover (the battery holder itself is still getting a cover) done, which kindof kills two birds with one stone - first, it hides the battery. Second, it's like the 1:1. It's not the best picture, but the only one I have -

And here's my 1:10 version:

This is how I did it:

It mounts to the chassis (technically it just sits on top of the shock towers) and still gives me access to the (removable) battery tray. Putting on the body and taking it off also remains as easy as it was even with the spare tire in place.

Last edited by Fourth Protocol; 10-03-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Broken image links; missing image.

Finishing the details now before getting this thing painted, so there's not much glaringly obvious progress.

View from down under:

Details include hood/bonnet vents, adjusted after the fact to clear the motor:

I really like this, very great job

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast