sbg  

GearHead
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Bronco Concept

Oh never knew that, thanks it's been bugging me haha. I've been able to like before and I know other people have but didn't know it was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMark View Post
    Oh never knew that, thanks it's been bugging me haha. I've been able to like before and I know other people have but didn't know it was changed.
    We've never had a "Like" system, other than the Facebook Like integration which shares links directly from the forum.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    We've never had a "Like" system, other than the Facebook Like integration which shares links directly from the forum.
    Sorry just realized I was thinking of another forum

Very precise, sharp corners / cuts. Just an amazing start.

Manned up and did the electronics. The reason I've been putting it off is the GCM Combo Kit that re-positions the motor and gearbox at the front. It comes sans instructions, so I got very German about working out how it all goes together. Anyways, it's done. As you can see I spent far too much time on health & safety, all the while showing the utmost respect to the mug I was given by the mum-in-law.

The GCM kit makes for a very tight fit with the Asecnder's chassis when set to 278mm (shortest length). Here you can see just how close the spur/slipper clutch shaft gets to the steering servo:

Speaking of the steering servo -- the Ascender instructions instructed me to mount the steering servo underneath the mount brackets, which doesn't work out. The servo horn catches on the steering rod and limits compression to half of what it's meant to be.

I forgot to take a photo of it screwed in from the bottom, but here's full compression with it mounted from the top, which works as you'd expect.

The other side effect of the GCM kit is that you can no longer use the cover for the spur gear - it doesn't fit in there. I'm probably going to make something that at least part covers it. It's worth noting that if I'd constructed my oown mounting plate I could've switched it around, i.e. motor towards the front, and spur gear facing the rear. Problem with that is again the wheelbase - the motor won't fit because the servo is mounted crossways, as opposed to lengthways when the chassis is at full length.

Here's one I didn't like - I had to cut a piece out of the chassis rail to make the spur gear clear. GCM's photo of the mod is here.

Finally, the reason for doing all this. I'm at the point where I have to think about the location of various bits, and how that affects the interior of the body. So here's my plan for now - battery at the back over the axle, ESC on the side of the gearbox, and receiver on the front of the steering servo. Should probably get a BEC too, maybe.

Happily though, everything's working. And gripes about hard work aside, I love the GCM kit - it's very well engineered, fits like a glove (I wasn't expecting that), and solves a problem that would've taken me for ever. I think forever is actually one word :-/
    Last edited by Fourth Protocol; 09-09-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Clarity

Looking great.... Yes, short wheelbase rigs can be a real pain trying to get everything squeezed in. Especially when you're doing it scale.

Keep at it, you're doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    Looking great.... Yes, short wheelbase rigs can be a real pain trying to get everything squeezed in. Especially when you're doing it scale.

Keep at it, you're doing great.
    But that's how you learn to squeese things in very small spaces . Awesome Bronco btw, you really got the blocky look right!

freaking NICE JOB! fantabulous build!

L.R.

Incredible play this bronco I was missing.

Thanks. Here's the story so far. There's an insane amount of detail work coming my way.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast