sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H3 build/rebuld

Default H3 build/rebuld

So I started this one years ago, 2011 I think? And the original build was built in about 24 hours so I could have a class 1 rig for the MSD scale nats. It went pretty well, and I've tweaked it over the years, but it was always kinda basic..

Here's what I'm starting with, Maya group H3 on a scx, Holmes power and some pitbulls..

And the original inspiration and subsequently the direction I'm going to go now.

first things first, that plastic bumper on the front had to go.

Have a SSD bumper for an scx here, and its about the right width to keep me legal for c1, but the mount was not going to work as is, needed tucked up and in.

Mill time!

also had to clearance the hand bros mount

bumper mount modified

machined a plate to act as a cross-member and plate to mount the now trimmed up SSD bumper mount.

bumper bolts to the plate

Now that the bumper was mounted I had to address my lack of front body mount (it was behind that big plastic hunk I cut)

the body mount worked out better than I imagined.. These little magnets are strong. Passed roll over tests pretty good. Body only popped off in a extreme bind situation. And to be honest, probably saved the body. I have an idea to hook the rear instead of screwing it in, and I should have a secure quick release body.

Magnet on a body post

Another set epoxied to the body

Testing it out on he new rock pile, approach angle improved and body secure

So I've always hated how the rear just kinda "ended" after removing the stock rear bumper..

I set out to make something that "could" be under that factory plastic

Roughed out but good enough to beat up..

since I plan to change the winch around, I flipped the steering servo around so I could tuck the linkage back a bit.

also got a bit of primer on those corners while I decide if I am doing the slant back or not. Looks much better to me.

best lookin h3 ive seen, will be watching

Bye bye chrome grille

Filled the holes from the plastic grille guard and got a coat of primer on.. I think I'm ready to make that cut now.

No turning back now

Started filling in the tail light area before my back decided I wasn't sitting at the bench any more today.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast