sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Axial Jeep Buildoff 1st Place - 1982 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Coming along fantastic Halme.
    Beautiful work indeed. Your nailing it.
    Layers ARE good.
    Cheers 2Beers! Coming in your footsteps.. just few hundred miles behind! Thanks, much appreciated!

Another little piece finished!

This is trying to be somekind of fender flare. Evolution of pieces can be seen, first I made few versions out of plain printing paper. First was too small and bended wrong, second fitted even more terrible if possible but then found almost the right curve. Length was adjusted by kinfe and then using that paper as template the first version of 1mm styrene was made by. Again, after two failures the third one was close enough! Heated up a bit and twisted then fitted. Detail was added to fill the gap and to add some awesomeness. Piece closest to model is identical with the piece already in the place. This bending thing.. It's deeep man...!

Thanks for your time,

, Halme

Your trucking right along and making Pro....
    Practice practice. Fantastic job on the flares.
    It's looking so right Halme, You have the patients of a lion apparently. ahahaaa.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Your trucking right along and making Pro....
    Practice practice. Fantastic job on the flares.
    It's looking so right Halme, You have the patients of a lion apparently. ahahaaa.
    ROARR!

Wait that's no lion..! Thanks for the comment! Good times, definetly! What you do in few hours, I manage to go in.. three months? I've always been slow.. My best skill!

Cheers, Halme

Wowzers Halme! Those flares turned out great!

Those tiny details are amazing! What you are trying to do with the fender flares is so realistic!!!

Wow!

Amazing craftsman job, congrats!!
    Thanks for share this.
    Guillermo
    Buenos Aires

Thanks for the compliments my friends!

Trying to push it forwards.. bit by bit and sloow..! Slow is the best. Rear fenders are "Oll Korrekt" but the front ones.. Just can't get them right and now they shall stay like this. No wonder that in many builds I see people using ready-made flares. Nothing wrong in that and I think I join you in my next build!

I really like to work with this styrene and welder, especially with thin slices because they weld so nice and bend so beautifully. It's a pleasure to see them tack in!

Flare looked a bit thin from the edge and so I welded another slice at the bottom of it. Idea is to make it thicker and then round it with putty. Taking a shortcut here and trying to save whats left..

Applied the green putty and while waiting it to dry I started to cut some seats from 5mm PVC panel. This is pure eyeballing here, hope they match and if they dont the second ones do. Or the third ones.

What else.. Oh yeah I made some leaf springs and shackles for the chassis as promised. Like the whole build, these are pretty rough too. They'll work perfect for this stage and if I have time I'll do another set or atleast clean them up a bit and give some paint.

And I love magnets. Perfect for testing stage!

Thanks to 2Beers for tip with axle holders. Simple things rule!

Somebody asked how many days left? I counted 46. So it's not even close.. Yes?

Thanks for following!

such a fantastic build. it just keeps getting better. keep it up man.

Wow... Beautiful work on the new updates.
    Taking notes on the leafs too. Great job my friend.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Thanks boys! Always nice to get some encouraging feedback.

I just found a 91 Wrangler (they are still super rare here, basically non existant) from a nearby enthusiast and did some spying.. I think I need to move the springs under the chassis like in real thing and attach them with U-bolts. I hope that it doesn't lift the car too much.
    Took some photos of details too but I have to apologize - I asked a permit to do so!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast