sbg  
CKRC
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Axial Jeep Build-off Jeep Gladiator J-200 truggy

Default Axial Jeep Build-off Jeep Gladiator J-200 truggy

Well after contemplating several different body styles, i think that i've settled on something that will work with the chassis and parts i have. Plus as a bonus i wouldn't mind owning a 1:1 version someday.
    So i'm going for a early J200, but with the M715 windshield and canvas roof. I'm staying with leaf springs, but running some big 2.2 and cut fenders.
    This pic is the closest i could find to the overall look i wanted.

A good look at the windshield and canvas roof style i want to run, hopefully i can make it all function.

Some spare parts that were sitting on the shelf, everything brand new from other projects that stalled or changed direction. I'm going to try and build this without spending much more money

A set of somewhat rare tamyia gold shocks.

A truggy back that was made by a local guy. Designed to fit the trailfinder 2 body, but fit this build really nice

A set of tamyia leaf springs and some mounting plates that i made so they fit directly to the scx10 frame

A chassis mount servo using a axial cross member and servo mounting plate.

Everything roughly sitting in place

Nice pick. Great looking start on the chassis too.

Definitely some nice parts shaping up here sir.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Lol great job craig my that truggy back looks a bit familiar hahaha
    Rock beach customs/Socrawl.com team driver/Gcmracing team driver

Thanks guys....and yeah doug it's been a few of us that have had that truggy back

So not wanting to spend much money, i was surfing ebay and found this transfer case from china for $25 and free shipping. I've wasted more money on worse things and if it doesn't hold up i'll buy a real one at a later date. To keep the interior as true to scale as possible, i ground out as much of the axial trans plate to mount the transfer case as low as possible

Digging around in the parts bin, i found a set of tamiya F350 driveshafts. They were just about perfect with the trans mount in the stock frame location. I also found some brand new ax10 plastic shafts and figured they would make a great weak point in the system.

I want to do something different for the front motor mount, but i couldn't find a way to keep it really low the first way i wanted it. Finally i realized the straight upside down the spur gear is hidden by the servo still and it will just barely fit under the hood once the body is built. Also it was a way easier mount to build than i first imagined.

Everything just clears each other and should be rock solid once cut out of steel.

oh my! that looks promissing

Exellent mount solution and the whole build looks very fine. I may have to borrow some ideas from you, thanks.

i've been holding off on starting the sides as it seems like to much work and i haven't thought of a easy solution to create them. So i did the back of the cab with all the fine details that nobody will see once the truggy back is in place and loaded up with all the little details.

a shot with the truggy back in place

It's so interesting to see the different approaches we are taking with building the bodies. I see you have created the side shape by the cut outs in the bulkhead. Very cool!

it is going to look nice

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast