sbg  

RPP Axial 2018
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 190

Thread: 1975 International Harvester Pickup

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Really, all of that was in your parts bin? Not worthy.

    Sent from My Galaxy using the Force

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blind bay BC
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    the spring under is such a nice touch. the little u bolts will cool will they have some rust on them?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tavastia, Finland
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Fine looking build! Nice to see you having a take with Coma-gel. Make it waxy and shiny like in the brochures!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    In The Shop!
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    With that axle over the springs, it appears this may be one of them fancy lowered IH pick-em ups! Love it, body looks awesome.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Awesome usage of chassis.. taking notes here. I have one ready for some kit bashing also.
    Really like the leaf Ideas.
    Run what Ya Brung.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pooh corner, Ont. Canada
    Posts
    4,102

    Default


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Great looking truck! Can't wait to see the outcome


    Ethan Boening

    EXTREME RC 4X4 Productions
    YouTube.com/extremerc4x4

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duff Gardens
    Posts
    5,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    Really, all of that was in your parts bin? Not worthy.

    Sent from My Galaxy using the Force
    It's a pretty big bin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    the spring under is such a nice touch. the little u bolts will cool will they have some rust on them?
    There will be a nice coating of rust underneath. It'll be a 40 year old work truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    Fine looking build! Nice to see you having a take with Coma-gel. Make it waxy and shiny like in the brochures!
    Shiny is too easy! I'm going with used but not abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    With that axle over the springs, it appears this may be one of them fancy lowered IH pick-em ups! Love it, body looks awesome.
    Yeah, sometimes what we do doesn't scale down from the real ones like we want. The scale springs have too much arch and the axle tubes are too thick. It was my only choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Awesome usage of chassis.. taking notes here. I have one ready for some kit bashing also.
    Really like the leaf Ideas.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Headquake View Post
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Boening View Post
    Great looking truck! Can't wait to see the outcome


    Ethan Boening
    Thanks, hope to finish soon. Well, soon for me... a couple more months.



    Time for excuses. Holidays, work, bad back, sick, other projects, bashing RTR trucks, etc.

    Anyway, finished the grille. Or nearly finished it. It's not perfect or 100% accurate but you should know by now I can't achieve that. I may or may not try to make the INTERNATIONAL lettering for this, it's pretty small.




    I let nature do its thing on the wheels. Left them outside at Smiggin's Folly for the last week or so.


    The body is almost ready for color. Just a few more imperfections to fill. I'm also having a hard time sealing the MDF in some spots. Any tips from the pros? I thought about hitting the problem areas with some gloss clear or something then sanding it. The primer is just soaking in.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Beautiful grill. I'm not that good yet. But I'm almost finished with the front grill for my bronco. Nice work!


    Ethan

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blind bay BC
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    that grille looks super. how did you ever get the slats so straight and spaced so perfect?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •