sbg  

RPP Axial 2018

Thread: Windows Help

Default Windows Help

I have built my Ford Capri 1/10 to the 2nd primer coat stage. I was only going to have actual windows front and back, I wasn't going to bother with side windows. However, having seen the vehicles on this site I feel I would be cheating if I didn't put them in but I need advice on how best to carefully cut them out of an already built and shaped vehicle. I have made the vehicle out of 2,3 and 5mm styrene.

Look forward to receiving any advice.

Some pictures would be helpful in deducing what would be best.

SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...05396482848113

This is a link to my album on google+ showing several images of my model Ford Capri. I don't quite understand how to upload images on this forum; Sorry, Technophobe! :)

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Unfortunatelly I'm not allowed to look into your google+ folder.

Here's a good ''how to'' to upload photo's :http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...ial-Levels-1-3

Hope this works

Last edited by thorofasgard; 03-22-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Moved photos in to a album in photobucket

Yikes.

That's a bit of a pickle. Great body by the way, looks like a very fun ride.

I guess I'd start by cutting out a template for the size of windows you want, then you a scribing tool to score the shape into the body, then, ultra carefully use a Dremel to remove the existing material, using your scribe lines as a guide.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I have managed to cut the windows using a modelling knife and dremell. Thanks for assistance, I will post pictures when paint is dry.
    Kind regards

Last edited by thorofasgard; 03-25-2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: I accidently moved photos to an album and ruined links