sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GCM builds a CMF Ford F-150 for DSTP

Default GCM builds a CMF Ford F-150 for DSTP

Hey, everyone!
    I thought it was time to start this build thread. This truck will be used for Don't Scratch The Paint videos and scale sort of driving. It will never be comp'd but it will be driven every chance I have!
    I'm using the CMF F-150 body and currently the truck sits on the GCM Racing CrossCanyon Ultimate kit (perfect wheelbase match) and the GCM Racing 5 Slot Rims on RC4wd Fun Country tires. I've also discovered that this body is a perfect fit for the GCM Racing 4TEN Long Rail chassis, making it into a 4 leaf spring setup! I will do that later on...

CMF sends their products professionally packaged with care:

I had the CMF crew do the paint work on my body also, as they offered to do that for a fee. The amazing part is that I sent them a reference picture and what I got back was almost exactly the same thing! SO NICE! All the color matching and mixing is done at CMF so they control the whole process. Really nice work!
    Reference picture, and final paint:

I started to get the running gear made up, using the CrossCanyon Ultimate kit. The wheelbase is perfect, so it's really hard NOT to use this setup. The body is larger than the frame, and I cut off the rear shock tower to make the frame sit right on the bottom of the truck box. The rear spring work is done by a Dinky R/C Cantilever kit.

The Fun Country 1.9 tire is just the look I wanted to get. It's a nice size, not too wide, and not too much 'offroad' looking. Really a suitable tire for a restored old Ford truck.

The truck has the Dinky R/C rear suspension, and up front uses the Gelande2 80mm shocks. I have nothing good to say about these, and will change them shortly. They are however, nice black color and the springs are fine. Everything else is on my hate list. The motor and trans are up front, as per the CrossCanyon setup which leaves me tons of room for the interior build. Very nice. I used a 35t motor, 20t pinion, 87t spur, Holmes BRXL, Hitec servo, and 2200mah 2s Nanotech battery. The driveshafts are stock axial parts, WB shafts, and the axles are stock ratio SCX front and rear.
    Up front is a nice big silver aluminum plate that I drilled and bolted under the servo mount. This gives me a nice body mount area as well as battery tray up front. I'll show off the body mounts shortly....

When the truck was finally hanging on it's own axles, Sam celebrated a bit too much.

KrawlerKonceptz.com supplied me with the license plates, to match my full size version, and that really finished off the look of the front end.

More in a bit...

Gawd that's beautiful.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Yep, she surely is. I LOVE this body!

Oh so nice. I love the wheel and tire choice(s)...

I love the body lines on this great body work from cmf
    Rock beach customs/Socrawl.com team driver/Gcmracing team driver

Very nice looking rig. Love them old fords

perfect wheel and tire choice !! - I should do same

Great looking truck. Very nice build

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast