sbg  

RPP Winter Vaterra
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GCM's Class 1 JK 2dr Buildup - Video assembly thread

Default GCM's Class 1 JK 2dr Buildup - Video assembly thread

Hey, everyone!
    I've started on this Class 1 Jeep buildup I'm doing, and thought I'd add in the build thread here. I took a bunch of videos along the way, so I'll leak them out as this thread goes along.

I'm working on building this stock looking jeep that I can run in the Class 1 scale comp stuff. Something with a low tire, a clean tucked in look, and maxing out the 60 scale points I'm allowed to have. That said, the new Hardbody JK 2dr from ebay seemed to be the best way to get that going, and I'll be using it here on the new GCM Skeleton J2 Chassis.

I've got the chassis built up and took some pics of the 'roller'. This Class 1 build is using the K44 axle set, which seem to be a Jeepy thing to do, and pull in the wheels a bit from the SCX sized axles. I'm also using some SCX bumper meat to detail it up a bit.
    Here's a chassis pic and a bit of tech and chassis assembly info:

Looks very scale with the tucked wheels and the smaller tyres!

Loving the look of the new chassis too! Looks like plenty of room for full interiors?
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Thanks! There is a ton of interior room, and with some simple changes out back you can flat bed the thing real easy. I've moved it over to the 1.7 Baja Claw tire now also, which is a bit smaller than these 1.7 IROKs. Very stock-ish. I like stockish for Class 1 for sure.

That yellow winch looks familiar.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

It's a very nice yellow with a gentle red undertone. I sleep with it under my pillow at night, but sacrificed that comfort to have a better looking Jeep.

Nice looking chassis! Great idea on the front 3-link mount

I'll be watching this! I'm loving these new 2dr. JKs!

Love that chassis!! I just grabbed two of these shells. Love the vids Chris. This will be great info for my attempts at building something with these Jeepers.

God I love GCM products, you guys build such well thought out products. These china body are very awesome looking. The only thing that bug me a little about them is how far the headlight is recessed into the body, but that's an easy to fix. Looking forward to your next update.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast