sbg  

GearHead
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Unimog Flatbed

Quote Originally Posted by Toykid View Post
    Great fun following this build. Some awesome skills and ideas there. Subscribed :)
    Many thanks. It means a lot.

Been a bit busy over the last few days, as I was asked to take on the administration of the UK forum that I used to be a moderator on and I have been trying to fix a couple of issues on there. However tonight I made a bit of shed time and started narrowing the front axle.

cut 15mm out of one side a bit more out of the other (I needed to get the diff pinion shafts in line) and then made a couple of steel inserts to rejoin the pieces.

I have epoxied the tube into the casings as well securing it with bolts. I also took the opportunity to clock the diff pumpkin slightly to help with the kingpin inclination.

also started on the front torque tube.

end of last week I made two of these, I let you try and work out what they are going to be

That's it for tonight, stay tuned for more

Very cool, so many great details in this build.

This is going to be sweet!... Wait, this IS sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Toykid View Post
    Very cool, so many great details in this build.
    Quote Originally Posted by plejmo View Post
    This is going to be sweet!... Wait, this IS sweet

Thanks a lot guys,

Tiny bit more progress

Hopefully I can get a bit more shed time on Sunday and make some real progress.

Awesome work man! Loving your attention to detail! Not many people would worry about getting the drivetrain to look like the 1:1 ! Nice metal work, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRcFanatik View Post
    Awesome work man! Loving your attention to detail! Not many people would worry about getting the drivetrain to look like the 1:1 ! Nice metal work, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Keep it up!
    I find the challenge very rewarding, also it's the only way I can hope to get my builds noticed amongst the fantastic work of others on here,

Today's progress.

Back axle almost mounted (just need to make the second lower shock mount), disregard the shocks as they are just for mock up.

Spring perches

Panhard mounts

The eagle eyed will spot that I am now using a RC4WD transfer case, rather than the homemade one, this is because I would have ended up with to much gear reduction and absolutely awful wheel speed. I am going to get some new (hopefully better) bearings for it in the hope that they will last for a while .

Finished the second shock mount this morning and then went back a re-made the panhard mount at the axle end.

All mounted up

I finished narrowing the rear axle as well , dropped the body (such as it is) on to get a feel for the stance, I think it's spot on

Hopefully I can get the front axle mostly mounted up this afternoon

Started on mounting the front axle, didn't get as far as I would have liked but that's the way things go sometimes , rested the shell on again (at the front this time )

sorry for the crappy picture

Cab is sitting a little high at the moment but I think it's going to look about right.

Cool! Great work.

Lots of engineering going into this build sir. Keep it up!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast