sbg  

RC4WD
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Unimog Flatbed

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
    Mog looks awesome. Maybe im missing something, but how does this suspension work? It looks like it uses the drive shaft/tube as the main articulation point. Something I didn't even think was possible. What am i missing?
    That's correct. The suspension is essentially a 1 link and panhard rod with the propshaft acting as the pivot. It is as close to a 1:1 set-up as I could manufacture easily. It works pretty well, and so far the transfer box output bearings have stood up to the extra load.

New foams rocked up today,

Went for Crawler Innovations single stage Deuces Wild Foams.

Before,

this was how the tire looked after sitting on the bench overnight.

After,

Need to get out for another run now to see what effect they have had .

Well theres an improvement. I need to look into some better foams for most my rigs. They all tend to be on the heavy side. Thanks.

Foams make a world of difference! Also, you have no idea how chuffed my Gulliver gets seeing the SBG bumper stickers getting used. Thank you!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
    Well theres an improvement. I need to look into some better foams for most my rigs. They all tend to be on the heavy side. Thanks.
    Having had this out for a run again last weekend I am happy to report that the rig is a lot more stable on climbs and side hills with the new foams and still has great traction on most surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Foams make a world of difference! Also, you have no idea how chuffed my Gulliver gets seeing the SBG bumper stickers getting used. Thank you!
    They do indeed. Happy to chuff your Gulliver, I shall be continuing to use the SBG stickers when ever they are appropriate (and even when they aren't )

Now I'm happy with the way the new axles work, and as a result of a few large rolls, I have started to tidy up a few other bits and pieces.

I have fitted a lightbar to the cage and have removed and cleaned up and repainted the backs of the headlights, prior to installing some new leds. The light backs needed repainting as I originally painted the them black which showed through to the front and didn't work well as a reflector

I also made a new grill badge as the original one disappeared during the last run.

Finally got round to hooking the lighting back up and reassembling the Mog today.

Already for it's next outing.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627