sbg  

GearHead
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Unimog Flatbed

Your Crazy man very creative and I like it

Just noticed you were in England - Where abouts? I was stationed there for 8 years, thats where I got to play with mogs - Love Portals!

I dont remember if the stock torque tube had any slip in it or not. But I do know the Germans over built everything on these things. The bearing at the axle end is good stuff - 404s have 3 huge ones supporting the load there. Any plans for added beef at the Tcase?
    That single bearing will be taking the entire load of the axle and all your trigger finger will give it....

Quote Originally Posted by doublej View Post
    Just noticed you were in England - Where abouts? I was stationed there for 8 years, thats where I got to play with mogs - Love Portals!

I dont remember if the stock torque tube had any slip in it or not. But I do know the Germans over built everything on these things. The bearing at the axle end is good stuff - 404s have 3 huge ones supporting the load there. Any plans for added beef at the Tcase?
    That single bearing will be taking the entire load of the axle and all your trigger finger will give it....
    Hi, I am near Liverpool. I am going to see how the T-case holds up, it's a home made one and therefore cost nothing so if it dies I'll make a stronger one

Nice work here, I love it when people make scale drivetrain and I've been waiting to see someone do a Mog suspension

I haven't been able to get in the shed all week until tonight and now I'm not feeling it , did make a little progress before giving up though

Diff pinion shaft for rear

and then started on the spring seat and the torque tube bracing (only got one side done so far)

I think progress should pick up once I pick up the chassis over the weekend.

Superb!
    Very happy to see you taking this on.

I'm excited to see this suspension setup in action, looking great!

Great idea for the rear axle. love what you are doing here. I really like to see people creating like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jowett View Post
    Superb!
    Very happy to see you taking this on.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty85 View Post
    I'm excited to see this suspension setup in action, looking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    Great idea for the rear axle. love what you are doing here. I really like to see people creating like this.
    Thanks guys, Not seen one done this way before so thought I would give it a shot

I will be doing the front in a similar way as well as the 1:1 has Torque tubes at both ends.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast