sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Willy's Wild Ride

Spent a bit of time on this one last night. Chassis is coming together. Might have to get the smaller servo. I was hoping that by using internal springs it give the clearance around servo that is needed. after assembling front end they still touch a tiny bit. will wait till i drive it and see if it presents a problem then.

did a bit of work on body as well. closed in the floor under willy's feet. also closed in the rest of floor but used a bit of checker plate on the floor.

decide to turn the huge fuel cell into what looks like a tool box for willy to put his gear in. so wrapped it in checker plate.

willy is starting to like his new ride.

Looking sharp, James' lil guy looks cool in there. The helmet's still nice and big to stick with tradition but has a modern touch! Got one from him last week #3
    Still holding out on the tires eh?
    Any details on the shovels?

the axe and shovel are from magics store on shapeways. along with the grille and chassis.

seen as how kevin mentioned it here are the wheels and tires i am hoping to use. the tires are 1.9 tsl's reduced to 1.55. the wheels are pretty flashy but I love them. they will give it that hot rod offroad willy's look. they are the new 1.55 crusher wheels from gearhead. had to take advantage of the sale RPP hobby had going on.

This is going to be wicked! Excellent work and choice on the wheel/tires combo.

Okay now that looks tight. The proper mixture of cartoon and cool!

Looking very cool Chris. That cage is amazing.

James.

I know that classic is green, but that body in red with those wheels would look sick and would be out of the ordinary. Also I don't know much about anything, just a thought

So last night i was feeling very inspired to work on this rig. Put some music on and spent some time painting willy. cuz this guy is #1 of 50 I wanted to do a pretty good job on him. so i took my time and used some of my techniques from warhammer to do some subtle high lighting and shading. looks way better in real life than the photos show. one day i will figure how to take better pics. anyways here is all ready to get his ride.

He looks cool Chris, the first one I think we've seen painted too?
    You using the goggles on him?
    Man I wish we had those shop shirts!!

I have been having so much fun on this build I just couldn't stop working on it. pretty big jump in progress. was in my shop till almost 2am last night. anyways after alot of coffee today. here is where i am at with this build. still a few details to put on but getting close.

can't believe when i ordered the wheels I completely forgot to order the spare. brain fart. it's on order now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast