sbg  
RPP 1
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 Toyota 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Greetings from Charleston, South Carolina. It is warm here and I haven't seen many trucks. So this truck looks extra nice.
    Do they have wolves in the dog parks yet? That transition usually occurs around Winston Salem... although sometimes as far North as Narrows, VA although almost never in Charleston, WV. But the local waitress's should know for sure.

Nice weathered spare Noob, I assume we can expect rust then? I like rust. It's easier than not liking rust when you own a FJ40 in the East. Don't forget mystery fluid... always a puddle of that beneath old non-leaking toyoters.

Have you put much thought into the rear view mirror deodorizer yet?
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
    Do they have wolves in the dog parks yet? That transition usually occurs around Winston Salem... although sometimes as far North as Narrows, VA although almost never in Charleston, WV. But the local waitress's should know for sure.

Nice weathered spare Noob, I assume we can expect rust then? I like rust. It's easier than not liking rust when you own a FJ40 in the East. Don't forget mystery fluid... always a puddle of that beneath old non-leaking toyoters.

Have you put much thought into the rear view mirror deodorizer yet?
    Dog parks are for trucks. Truck parks are for wolves.

Thanks for the compliment on my rust. What I did was partially sandblast the steel wheel then rusted it with the Sophisticated Finishes rust juice. As for rust on the rest of the truck, there won't be much. I've tried my best to eradicate the rust on the real truck. I'm sure some will come back though. The mystery fluid hasn't been spotted lately. Either it fixed itself or whatever reservoir was leaking has completely run out. Now that's how you mechanic.

It's a Jeep, right?
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Manager

Outa sight5 outa mind... leaks fix themselves if you're lax enough about the maintenance.
    I know you've built a bunch of these but I'm still excited to see one come to life.
    The weathering on the spare is neat, no one remembers the tire wear... looks the part!

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Outa sight5 outa mind... leaks fix themselves if you're lax enough about the maintenance.
    I know you've built a bunch of these but I'm still excited to see one come to life.
    The weathering on the spare is neat, no one remembers the tire wear... looks the part!
    I'm excited to build this. Not only because it's a replica, but also because I'm going the extra mile with this one. Having the reference vehicle in the driveway certainly helps get the often overlooked details. It was fun making the spare. I chucked it into the drill press and let the rubber fly! Smelled great I might add.

I made a lot of dust today.

SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Manager

Wow. I like your dust, it's 99% 4Runner now. wow. And that old new tire and rim is top shelf... or hanging under as it may be. Nice and old/new.

Geezus i Love your Rene work man it boggles me how's you make it so clean and neat and perfect I try so hard and can't come close to the level of professionalism you achieve in your builds outstanding bud

Needs more wolf dogs.

Gosh, that's really nicely done.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

I've always loved the 1st Gen 4Runners... nice to see you doing a detailed build.

Can we get some shots of your 1:1 for reference? And for eye candy...

Thank's for the additional "fender - picks" and the explanation ...

awsome progress since my last "visit"...

I already see another "guilds-finest-project" .....
    In case of doubt ...."lost in translation"

Wow! That really is turning out awesome.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast