sbg  

RPP 3 Axial
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Garage

Thanks for all your comments everyone.

The things that are purchased: pliers, shifter, pipe wrench, wheelie bin, coke cans......all came from E bay. They are all 1/12 dollhouse accessories. Some 1/12 items work i this scale as they just represent what would be a small version of the item in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannwah View Post
    Thanks for all your comments everyone.

The things that are purchased: pliers, shifter, pipe wrench, wheelie bin, coke cans......all came from E bay. They are all 1/12 dollhouse accessories. Some 1/12 items work i this scale as they just represent what would be a small version of the item in the real world.
    I figured they may be ebay goodies. Thx

So....

Somebody recently learned how to solder....hasn't that opened up a world of possibilities!!!

Here's my take on flourescent lighting.

I figured, why not try shining two LED's into either end of a tube and see how it lights up. I tried a few different things like different kinds of drinking straws and some plastic tubing, but in the end came back to the good old box of styrene as it seems to work the best. i think the result is quite effective.

And the result......

And the old ping pong ball trick for ceiling lights with LED's....

And now the cleanup begins.....well when Sam says clean up, he really means "move stuff around"....and when he says begins, he really means "think about it"!!!!

This should help....

Sam is still working on power outlets....

Great job man your detail gets me motivated just one question howed you get sam motivated we gotta crack the whip on these guys my shop forman Trent over In the RBC garage still has to organize and get power run to the garage door he hasn't assembled yet lol

Wow! Love alle those little details. Those tubelights are really convincing!

Plenty ideas to build my own garage this Winter!

Good God man, this really looks great. The cleanup story sells it. Well done.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Where's the 'speechless' button.
    wow.
    Top shelf goodness at Sam's for sure.

Damnit Sam, that's nice!

Very nice work... & attention to details. Sam is a lot neater than I.

Lighting is really sweet too. Thanks for the detailed pics of the technique. I had purchased a little industrial garage light from a dollhouse supplier & it looks really cool and was less than $10 but with the size of these garages & multiple light fixtures, it's not practical. Like the florescant too.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind words. It feels great to know that others appreciate this.

Small update......

Up until now this place has been running on magical cosmic energy. It's time to hook up to the grid.....

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast