sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In France, we say katkat

Default In France, we say katkat

Hello!

Honestly, if someone had told me a year ago, that I would be getting a Hilux, I'd have laughed at him.
    I guess you guys are contagious, and as the saying goes, only stupid people don't change their minds.

So here is my TF2 Hilux project started a couple weeks ago. Having never driven a vehicle with leaf suspensions, I am having afterthoughts of switching directly to fully linked, but it's not irreversible so we shall see. Chassis wise, I also installed XVD's and Junfac driveshafts. Motor is a classic 35T and I used Futaba servos I had on hand (strong 9402 for the steering and simple 3003 for the gearbox), as well as an old Futaba MC330CR ESC. I'll also use the cheap 3racing light system and a Castle bec, so that's a lot of wires!
    I am currently working on battery placement, as the idea of having to remove the body to plug and change the batteries doesn't really work for me. For now, I started a styrene tool box, and the idea is to have the esc connectors reaching this box through the shell and plug in the battery located in the tool box. I will probably run a big 2S 6000 mah battery, for an afternoon long trail run. I am just waiting on some scale diamond plate to finalize this and wiring all the electronics.

Bodywise, I'll probably go for a clean, kind of rally look, but nothing's decided yet. First thing I did was to bob the bed, and I am really happy with how it turned out, considering my cutting skills; we'll see how it looks once primered, but it should be good.

Don't expect fast progresses, as I'm a really slow builder, with no workshop, having to work on the dining room table, which means having to clean everything after I'm done. No complaints here, maybe a bit of envy of all the cool shops I see here!

Looking great matey!
    Look forward to seeing more..
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

off to a great start. the bob looks clean. also like the air cleaner and roll bar nice touches. those wheels are so nice.

Great mods so far, interesting choice to put the air cleaner through the hood.

Thanks!
    Well, the air cleaner is such a nice bit that it has to be seen...

Hmm, plus maybe the fact that I don't really know where else it is supposed to go (please pardon my total lack of knowledge regarding engine stuff)

Some progress made!
    Toolbox is done and fits perfect in the bed. I had to grind slightly the rollbar in order to be able to slide the toolbox cover between the pillars.
    Next step is to install the electronics. To change the batteries, all I'll have to do is remove the spare tire and open the tool box.

Pics!

That'll work out well.
    Looks like a few of the welds were giving you issue on the roll bar?

That's not exactly the welds that were a problem; it's just that it's such a tight fit that I have to remove the box top by sliding it between the roll bar pillars. And to do so, I had to grind a small portion.
    But once repainted, it'll be barely noticeable. And the good thing is that because of this tight fit, the cover stays closed on its own, and the box doesn't wobble. But once I remove the cover, I can give the box a little angle to be able to put or remove the battery.
    It really works great!

Love the toolbox! So tidy..
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Thanks Jeremy!
    Ok, so electronics are under the shell and everything works as planned.
    I just had to make a small cut in the body and the box to let the esc wires through. To plug and/or change the batteries, I just have to remove the spare tire; the operation takes less than a minute.

Now, if only I could receive my Tamiya gril and light buckets. Seems like it's been lost by the post for the second time...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast