sbg  

RPP Axial 2018
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf F1

Default Wolf F1

Kevin and I have had an rc chassis swap-thingy going on for some time now. As a surprise sweetener for my holidays, we finalized the deal and I ended up the lucky recipient of this little yummy treat.

Sounds promising..

Christmas presents this year also included some really nice ski-gloves from my dad and this super cool pottery from my mom (she just got into it and these were her first creations).

Nice to see this started Al
    That bowl in the back will make a super cereal bowl!

Of all the bodies I've ever worked on, this was the most difficult to trim. Nothing but hard angles, sharp corners, impossible curves and thick polycarbonate which had no interest in tearing along my scored line. But, I can already see that the unique shape will be worth the effort in the end and I sure am glad I decided to do this before the paintjob.

I also trimmed the bumper so it tucks up underneath the wing 'Generis style'.

I've always wanted to paint some tires and this kit offered the perfect opportunity to find the courage.

mikevillena Guest

Wow, looking great so far! I think you might actually have enough room for a partial Cosworth DFV .....hehehehe

Hehe..he.. Make that very partial.. But ya, I've already removed the unsightly Quasimodo style engine cowl so a little gizmologizing (thanks for the awesome root word, Mike) will have to come into effect.

A modeller's rendition.

The cowl on the poly body looked like this and possibly even lumpier.

..And you gotta love that old exposed look.

Man, that last pic looks.... wow... like the car is TINY compared to the dude! This thing must be a rocket! I like these projects! Scale to the core!

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Man, that last pic looks.... wow... like the car is TINY compared to the dude! This thing must be a rocket! I like these projects! Scale to the core!
    I always imagnied these things where like go karts with 1000hp

super build!!!! that chassis looks wicked.

Sadly, the kit did not come with components like brake ducts and outboard front coil-overs which are visible in the box-art (and on the real car).

mikevillena Guest

Alan, that looks really good!!
    Just a suggestion: you might want to wet sand and polish the tubing before you cut it. Evergreen styrene tubing has a noticeable texture or "grain" which is evident when you paint them silver.

..... Good advice, Mike. I think some of that black wash you guys talk of would have been appropriate as well. Looking back, I also wish I'd done them in gunmetal but I'm not really the modeller type. My 'building' comes out of necessity as my pleasure lies in racing models. It would be my preference if the bits and pieces came with the kit ready for a quick paintjob. If it looks good (and kinda real) speeding across the finish-line in first place, I'm happy!

*EDIT*- The first half of this reply sounds kinda sarcastic when I read it back. I assure you, Mike, I love learning new things and I definitely appreciate your advice. If people were good about maintaining their gentle SBG etiquette (as I think they would be), I'd actually be happy with more constructive criticism in my threads. Sometimes, in my photos, I don't hide obvious flaws with my build and wonder if anyone will point it out. They don't. Everyone is always too nice to say anything. (Or Kevin is quick to shelter me from their nastiness)

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast