sbg  

RPP VS4 2018

Thread: anyone try the HPI

Default anyone try the HPI

hey guys. I am thinking of getting a rally car to have some fun with.

been looking around for a good start. I was lookin at the HPI WR8 flux. i like that it comes complete. rtr is no biggy but it comes with the esc, motor, servo all in one box. I like the paint and body.

I had a savage SS nitro truck before and couldn't kill the thing. so i am hoping this thing is as strong. also my LHS can get parts easy for this thing.

only fear is that I don't know anyone who has tried one and would hate to find out after the fact it is a complete lemon.

heres a link
    http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107112/

I haven't tried one, but The Jang from URC is reviewing one and also other rally cars. He seems to do pretty thorough and relatively unbiased reviews. At the least, you may learn something about the different models available.

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/Ultimate...imateRCnetwork

I considered it as well. I ended up going with the Kyosho - I felt like because it was a larger vehicle, it would handle better. According to Jang, I was correct. He's got a great review of all the larger current rally cars and I found it very informative.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

i did see jangs review he said alot of good stuff about it. i was thinking about it a bit more and the size would be a plus in performance but a negative when it comes to getting different bodies and scaling it out. I am thinking none of the other bodies would fit. also worried about tires was trying to do some research on tires. not sure what others will fit chassis. the ones that come with it would be great on asphalt but i am sure if i buy one it will spend 90% of its life on dirt.

hmmmm........

Well I have a Kyosho and love it. I think it's perfect size for it's intended purpose.

There is a fella over on RCC who got a WR8 and after a little insight on the car his last response in the post was " I'm sure glad I got the DRX for off roading".

So you can take that comment for what it's worth.

The only other thing I can add is a few guys in our local club tried my DRX and now we have 7 DRX's at our Rally GTG's all purchased within the last two months.