sbg  

GCM Banner

Thread: mini trophy as Rally platform/chassis? 320mm wheelbase 1/10 car bodies?

Reckless Guest

Default mini trophy as Rally platform/chassis? 320mm wheelbase 1/10 car bodies?

so I'm trying to "decide" what to do with my mini trophy ... as much as it's my basher, I'm still a lover of scale at heart... and I love messing with stuff ..

thinking it might make a really nice rally platform ... but not finding much in the way of cars with a 320mm wheelbase LOL

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got two of them and I think I'm going to list them for sale....never seem to use them. I think they would be grest candidates for rally conversions but, like you said, what body do you put on them ? I don't know.......

I've sized up a 4runner, lexan trailfinder, and extra cab bigbird sells. They all look pretty good on there. The front fenders need to be raised if you want to still use the stock height of the drivers and cage.

I was doing some maintanence on mine tonight and learned that the scx10 solid axle is a great candidate as a solid axle swap. The reduction is the same 3:1, width same, same mount for trailing arm etc. You might just want to find a geared differential instead of a locker. I'm sure it's going to happen to mine sooner than later.

Keep it a truck.

I bet it will

At one point, I was considering the hpi 1967 GTO body but never got around to getting them side by side. Seeing both seperately , it seemed like a fit.

Reckless Guest

I love my mini trophy ... every time slashes come out to play .. mine drives back to the car.. theirs are carried. one poor little 2wd slash even attacked my trophy, got a chunk took of his chassis

and yeah rear axle is in the works

thinking rally truck would be the better option... minimal changes in reality .. but it'll look completely like a different animal

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

The Honcho cab fits nice on these little guys. i'm rockin' 1.9 Losi Rock Claws on mine with 0mm offset glued wheels

Quote Originally Posted by MrRangeRover1996 View Post
    The Honcho cab fits nice on these little guys. i'm rockin' 1.9 Losi Rock Claws on mine with 0mm offset glued wheels
    Can we see a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by matt c View Post
    I've sized up a 4runner, lexan trailfinder, and extra cab bigbird sells. They all look pretty good on there. The front fenders need to be raised if you want to still use the stock height of the drivers and cage.

I was doing some maintanence on mine tonight and learned that the scx10 solid axle is a great candidate as a solid axle swap. The reduction is the same 3:1, width same, same mount for trailing arm etc. You might just want to find a geared differential instead of a locker. I'm sure it's going to happen to mine sooner than later.

Keep it a truck.
    I've seen a couple conversions with Axial solid rear axles online. They look pretty cool.

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by matt c View Post
    Can we see a picture?
    build tread here; http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...ighlight=p2737
    more photos on my facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4991494&type=3