sbg  
GCM Banner
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Creek RC Scale Park

Amazing details, the night shots at the start are my favorite. Welcome!
    REisH your HoTDawG

Thanks. That was sort of a fluke. kids :p6639707:left my camera out in the rain:p6639707:went to walmart & picked this one up for little over $100 and just started snappin' pics. The night pics blew me away & I ended up out there till all hours of the night. I'll have to set it up with a tripod & reduce some grain.

Fantastic place to play sir! Welcome to the boards, and any friend of n00b's is a friend of mine!
    RC4WD TEAM DRIVER IMAGUY TEAM BANHAMMER MANAGING EDITOR CWARLING DIGEST SCALE FORUM OWNER

Thanks, good to be here. Yea, I'm trying to get in good with N00b so when I start my vintage camper project in styrene (1st scratch build from styrene, i ususally work in wood) He'll chime in with words of wisdom. As a landcruiser fan, I have been drooling over his FJ55 for a while now. we share some common beliefs relative to dinosaurs too.

Quote Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
    Thanks, good to be here. Yea, I'm trying to get in good with N00b so when I start my vintage camper project in styrene (1st scratch build from styrene, i ususally work in wood) He'll chime in with words of wisdom. As a landcruiser fan, I have been drooling over his FJ55 for a while now. we share some common beliefs relative to dinosaurs too.
    I'll learnt you good on styrene Doug... as soon as I learnt myself. Scale RC vintage camping. Talk about a niche hobby. Speaking of Cruisers, did you get a chance to check out the FJ44 build in the 1.5/1.9 scale section here? And the common belief on dinosaurs is that they should be shot, stuffed and mounted on the wall. Oh, and they should wear cowboy hats too.
    RC4WDTEAMDRIVERTEAMSMIGGINSHOLECEOCWALRINGMONTHLYTEAMWASITAUGUSTTOMORROW

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I'll learnt you good on styrene Doug... as soon as I learnt myself. Scale RC vintage camping. Talk about a niche hobby. Speaking of Cruisers, did you get a chance to check out the FJ44 build in the 1.5/1.9 scale section here? And the common belief on dinosaurs is that they should be shot, stuffed and mounted on the wall. Oh, and they should wear cowboy hats too.
    Yuss thanks fr tips neewb. the CA is workkomng guut. just acuplle spillls on me figgers. hart to tipe.

Yes, vintage, atomic 50's bubble bar/martini lounge, aqua marine, pink flamingos, tiki torches.... niche hobby my ass, I going to start a revolution…. mark my words, this is going to be bigger than facebook. 1:10 scale outdoor vintage retro scale campgrounds, you heard it here first.
    First one on the drawing board is a 1962 Shafta Astroflyte (can anyone else type A-s-t-r-o-f-l-y-t-e without it sticking that little laughing guy in there?)(just the name says "modern" family camper). I am going to try an refrain from gluing little small plastic animals on it.

Trying to decide between these two others for a second camper, they seem a little harder:

My Vintage Campround idea collection.

So what does a junior vice president do? and I will beg to differ on the cowboy hat, I think they should wear vintage british pith helmets.... but I am sort of on a vintage kick.... I can live with a stetson I guess.

Spillproof Guest

Now this would be awesome

Love it and after showing Martina I got a smack and a "why aren't you building a cool RV for me"
    Subscribed!
    REisH your HoTDawG

snapz Guest

WOW thats fricken awesome

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Love it and after showing Martina I got a smack and a "why aren't you building a cool RV for me"
    Subscribed!
    Glad I could get someone besides my self in trouble. The Dodge Travco is my favorite. Don't think I trust my styrene skills yet to try it so... I'm going to start with a Shasta Astrodome. It's a basic "canned ham" style trailer. simple flat surfaces. should be a good "first scratch styrene" build.

The trailer below the Dodge has a very interesting history. It was one of five prototype trailers made in 1960 of some revolutionary new material... I think they called it... fiberglass? Anyway, I think there is only one known to exist still. An architect from California saw it for sale, bought it for next to nothing, restored it & in the process discovered how rare it was.

In all fairness here, I get lots of ideas & many of them never materialize but I've purchased a bunch of styrene so... that's a good sign. Anyway, what I typically do when I get an idea for something is create a page for it on my website, http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/ & start collecting pictures & information. Here is my Vintage 1:10 Campground Page. Check out the "Holiday House" & there is a link in the text to the architect's restoration project on that trailer.

Thanks for all the comments on the scale park, I appreciate it.

P.S. this is the Shasta trailer I'm starting with:

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast