sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Ideas?

MintRC Guest

Default Upgrade Ideas?

Hey all,

I am currently looking for some upgrades on my Honcho. Its it pretty much stock so all ideas will definately be though about and considered. So please through out your ideas on what I should get.

Thanks,

Zach

Heinz57 Guest

The first thing you need to ask yourself is "what am I gonna use this for"...bashing? crawling? scale crawler?scale trail?hill climber?..once you figure this out it makes it easier to decide what upgrades are a want and what ones are a must.

MintRC Guest

hey, thanks for the response. i am going to doing scale trail, and a bit of scale crawling

Heinz57 Guest

ok..so is it the new honcho with the 2.4 radio, ripsaws and esc with drag brake...or the older model with flatirons ?

Steering linkages and lower links front and rear if there composite they suck

I suggest every upgrade except for metal lower links.... I like to keep mine plastic. The flex is forgiving and the plastic slides way better over stuff, especially rocks. Also consider changing a few things at a time so you can see the changes in performance. This won't be your first so this way you will know where to spend your bucks the next time round.

MintRC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz57 View Post
    ok..so is it the new honcho with the 2.4 radio, ripsaws and esc with drag brake...or the older model with flatirons ?
    Well, I have a Spektrum Radio, and Faltirons, and drag brake. I also have a winch, but that doesnt change anthing :P

MintRC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    I suggest every upgrade except for metal lower links.... I like to keep mine plastic. The flex is forgiving and the plastic slides way better over stuff, especially rocks. Also consider changing a few things at a time so you can see the changes in performance. This won't be your first so this way you will know where to spend your bucks the next time round.
    Ive gone to the 4-Link setup, and kept everything plastic execpt for the steering link. So other than that im all plastic :)

Heinz57 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MintRC View Post
    Well, I have a Spektrum Radio, and Faltirons, and drag brake. I also have a winch, but that doesnt change anthing :P
    Was asking because you didnt give any clues as to where you were with it...stock or what..thats all...you have weight in the tires? metal trany gears? better than stock drive shafts? alluminum c hubs and high clearance knuckles?

MintRC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz57 View Post
    Was asking because you didnt give any clues as to where you were with it...stock or what..thats all...you have weight in the tires? metal trany gears? better than stock drive shafts? alluminum c hubs and high clearance knuckles?
    I have none of the above =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast