sbg  

RPP Cross 2018

Thread: lowering the Front of my Wraith.?

Cambo Guest

Default lowering the Front of my Wraith.?

Hey guys

I got this Wraith from the guy for like almost Nothing & have been messing with it & I have done some upgrades.
    Vanquish Steering, Vanquish Links & front Hubs. I also flipped the rear shock mount & moved the Battery up front length wise not sideways. I moved the ESC to the rear battery tray its waterproofed Receiver as well & servo.! I love the look of this Truck but the front is way to high.? I also added Axial Bead locks & 2.2 Swampers with a Bit of weight added to each wheel.! I have a scx10 as well with just about the same things done but this Lifted & had to trim the Body for the 2.2 Swampers, the thing weights like over 8 pounds with the added weights & relocating the twin 11.1 volt lipos to the Sides lowering my CG huge.! I am so very impressed by what this truck can do Vertically so I am looking for the same results with this Wraith.

Any tips or Pics wold be Great on how to lower the front on this Wraith with out loosing articulation.? I like it so far but Its sure not an scx10 for it workability, Hopefully the usability will make up for that.! lol

Thanks in advance & Cheers to all

Cam

You mentioned you flipped the rear shock mounts, but did you also flip the front mounts? Pictures would help.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Noob touched on a good point...also tilt the shock mount to the rearmost spot.

Cambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    You mentioned you flipped the rear shock mounts, but did you also flip the front mounts? Pictures would help.
    Well I dont know if you have looked at the Wraith front shock mounts but There not Flip able like the Rear is.? unless I am missing the Big Picture.?

I did move the shocks to the very back most mount hole but just wondering if theres another way.? so for no Picks I will Post after I become a Member no room on my Credit Card still paying for Christmas.! lol

Thanks
    Cam

You can certainly flip the shock/link mounts in the front.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Cambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    You can certainly flip the shock/link mounts in the front.
    Well I guess I should Drop the Crack Pipe & take a Better look.? I guess being an Engineer has not paid off for me.?

Can you or someone post a Pic of Front Flipping the Shock Mount.? Puff Puff Pass.! Lol

Are we talking about the same piece? The little link mount that's mounted to the axle? Comes off just like the rear.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Are we talking about the same piece? The little link mount that's mounted to the axle? Comes off just like the rear.
    Yeah I think he's thinking about the rear upper mounts.

Cambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tozrovr View Post
    Yeah I think he's thinking about the rear upper mounts.
    I honestly never looked at the Mount on the axel.? I was only ever looking at the Upper mount because the rear upper is Flip able.! Wow I will Giver a Shot.! Sorry for the Confusion.!

Cheers to you all.!

jhedsy Guest

You could always droop or semi droop (with internal springs) the setup.. but that's not good for high speeds. There are many pro's and con's from this.. as people will tell you.