sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Armature Alley

Default Armature Alley

OK. I guess it's time I started the Armature Alley story. It's like a whole universe down there and I haven't a clue where to begin. This could be quite an undertaking. Please bear with me as I sort out all my ideas/visions.

To get things going, this first image is a wide-angled shot coming down the basement stairs (watch your head). Matt likes to sit on the third step.. er.. I mean.. the third grassy plateau.

BTW. The Armature Alley Raceway sign in this photo was given to me by my friend, Kris.

So excited for this thread!

the 'Al's basement' videos on youtube are what lead me to one10drift in the first place. I have seen several videos and way to many pictures from down there. Its nice to see the entire layout :)

Looks like a riot to be able to drift/race on.

Beautiful. That's the picture i've always wanted to see. More please. [[[

I think you guys will really like seeing this come together... we've all seen pics from someone else's view of the track. I think having Alan put together this thread and see things (an the reasons for the things) from the master himself will be a fun experience. I usually ask one "why did you?" question each time I'm over and I'm always surprised!
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 01-19-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Sub'd.

Sean

Thisity Guest

That looks like alot of fun

Like stepping into a miniature world! I love it. More pictures please.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Manager

Awesome! Where's my chair... I'm getting comfy for this one.

T'would seem these wide shots are best for giving you guys an overall feel of the layout so here's another from the stairs and then from opposite corners of the basement.

95% of what you see down here is made from recycled/leftover/discarded materials. For instance, my driver's chair which doubles as my work-bench stool is an old drawer with a cushion.

Mr Hoity Toity brought his own chair.

WORK STATION ZEBRA; An old dresser with a custom-shaped piece of leftover fibreboard for a top.. This is where the madness started. The basement was packed with junk so I cleared away just enough space to do a tiny figure 8 in order to test my car when I was tuning it at my bench. Eventually, more and more junk got removed (some of it being transformed into track details) and Armature Alley started taking shape.

ChevyLuv Guest

the pictures don,t do it justice definetly is way cooler in person.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast