sbg  

RPP Axial 2018

Thread: Wraith flipsd over a lot

2hi2cu Guest

Default Wraith flipsd over a lot

hey is there any way i can get my Axial Wraith fron flipping over so much.....
    I built this kit not for crawling,but it still crawls but i intalled a 9 turn bushless motor to go fast..
    in a straight line but soon as i turn the damm think flip over even when i turn down the steering end points...
    would it be because i have the R35 RIPSAW tires on it soft compound.....
    is the any way i can get this from flipping over all the time.I'd like to be able to do some power side with it..
    this what it looks like on the rocks...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I thought i throw this photo for a good reason.This what i call the "beer Crush"...
    [IMG][/IMG]

ChevyLuv Guest

Lower the center on gravity droop the suspension a bit weight the front tires move the battery up front And possibly adjust your throttle punch. Either way with a 9 turn brushless set up it's gonna want to flip no matter what

2hi2cu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyLuv View Post
    Lower the center on gravity droop the suspension a bit weight the front tires move the battery up front And possibly adjust your throttle punch. Either way with a 9 turn brushless set up it's gonna want to flip no matter what
    can you tell me how to droop the thing i tried looking on here but couldn't find any thing...

You could also flip your links or mounts or something. Do a search on here, specifically looking at Alan's wraith.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Realistically, this truck isn't built for just flat-out straight line speed. It's a trail truck, rock-racer, scaler, crawler, etc. It can and will go fast... as putting any low turn motor in will accomplish, but I think you'll never be completely happy with this truck if speed is your main goal. Definitely flip the links and move the suspension, as imthatguy mentioned above... you will see a somewhat dramatic improvement, but I'd definitely try to remember this truck's true purpose and what it was designed for and hopefully it will ease some of the frustration. I know my 1/10 HPI Sprint BL would never drive on anything other than flat smooth pavement... but then again, that's what it was designed for.

Lower it a bit, stiffer suspension, harder compound slightly smaller tires, and appropriate driving technique.

Like any RC car though, even in stock form, once you get used to its flippy quirks, it won't flip so much.

TheHobbyGarage Guest

flip the lower shock brackets over

flip upper shock mounts up so shocks are lower

install proline slash 4x4 front shocks all the way around with 65wt oil

this will lower the truck 5/8" and greatly improve handling, shock dampening and general crawling.

I am currentling running a tekin 17.5 sensored BL system with 12t / 93t gearing and a 3s 5000 lipo, crawls and rips too!

Copious Guest

I have a 1/8 scale brushless in mine lowered till the links are parrallel to the ground and anything with grip I cannot turn at full speed with out it flipping. But I can do a 20 foot cat walk LOL on dirt if I stay on the power I can drift it all day long.

my buddy just got a wraith says same thing (even though he truly thinks it should handle like his mini summit) im just a paper/pencil penny picher guy but heres what i told him, take the springs off the shocks and put the shocks back on the truck, now with the suspension fully compressed measure how much space is between the axle and frame at there closest spot, we'll just say its a inch leave a lilbit of space say 1/4 inch or w/e ur comfortable with, but now all u have to do is make a simple lil bracket raising the shocks 3/4 of an inch or w/e the real measurement is and youve MADE something for ur truck and lowered it or go spend money lol

God I hate Summits... if the shocks are setup the same as the SCX 10, you could take the smaller softer spring out and leave the slightly longer stiffer spring in and adjust the preload, that should help lower it a bit as well