sbg  

CKRC
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project; P2639-6x

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

Default Project; P2639-6x

I've decided to step into the multe-axle world. this will be my first attempt at a 6x6...wish me luck .

I gonna take this Proline 1980 Chevy pickup, cut the box off and put a flatdeck on it with two rear axles. I am planing on using mostly Axial parts (use what you know). the frame and some other parts will have to be one-off customs.

I am looking forward to this build and can't wait to get to the rolling phase. so far...so good...

Attached Images Attached Images

Deric Guest

Good Luck!! looks interesting so far

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

using 3/8 aluminum channel, i have put together a frame and started to mount the shock hoops and axles.

By using the Axial bumper adapters, the axles will fit nice and the shocks will sit straight. the bumper adaptors give the frame a width of 2 7/8" (same as the SCX10).

another update in the morning...

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

A rolling chassis is almost done. I just need to find 2 more Axial 4-link bars. I am only able to finish the front axle for now.

I plan on using 1/4" steel brake tube to finish the links and I will be painting all the aluminum and steel black (I think) . once i decide on a color for the body/flat deck, maybe i will paint the frame the same hmmm.

Looking good man. Diggin' the flatdecks lately.

jeenyus Guest

this looks rad!! nice and clean frame !

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

I mounted the servo using 3/4 x 1/16 aluminum angle. By using the stock Axial servo plate, I was able to screw said plate to the aluminum angle which makes this custom installation a breeze.

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

I was able to find another 4-link suspension bar at a local hobby shop .

This allowed me to finish 2 of the 3 axle installations. Using 8/32 threaded rod and Traxxas Revo rod ends (typical for all my builds ) I cut custom length links for these two axles. The top link is 2 3/4" long and the bottom link is 3 3/4" long.

The screws will be cut once the roller is finished :o.

...just 1 more 4-link suspension bar to go!

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

I got the transmission mounted and the two main drive shift fitted. I used stock Axial drive shafts, but have to shorten them by 5/8".

I used 1 x 1/8" aluminum flat bar for the transmission mount. I had to set the transmission lower then I wanted to in order to obtain a usable angle for the drive shafts. ...but the aluminum flat bar will work as a good skid plat :bugeyes:.

I am using the Axial 55T motor as a test. I will not know the final motor selection until its been "real world' tested [[[.

MrRangeRover1996 Guest

Tonight I made the shorten rear drive shaft using a Stampede 4x4 drive shaft as a start point. I think it might be too short. I will not know until the final axle is mounted...just waiting on parts to keep going .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast